When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gentlemans Footwear

chronology1066

Hi All

Since it seems there are a pretty good number of tasteful types on here with a large serving of sartorial awareness, I thought we might exchange a little chit chat regarding one of the true marks of a gentleman. Just to get the ball rolling here is a little highlights list of my favorites currently in my rack

Crockett and Jones -

Pembroke in Brown Grain - My utter favorites, had then a couple of years and after one afternoon of wearing them they were as if I had been wearing them for years. A beautiful leather and very practical with the dainite soles

Pics to follow

Church - Custom made since I an not a great fan of leather soles on ankle boots, I had these made up with the dainite soles, superb, and look great with either jeans or a suit (casual only of course)

boots1.jpg

Barker - Several Pairs but my favorites are a pair of whole cut oxblood with punched toe. With alternating oxblood and black polish they has taken a beautiful patina

Alfred Sergeant - One pair of honey beige whole cuts, look sensation with a linen/silk mix suit.

Steymar - One pair but my favorite summer shoe, I am no great fan of sandal as a rule but these with the punched leather are wonderful in the summer month and with a brown croc print look smooth as you like suit or jeans.

Utility Boots - Adidas GSG9 High leg, in case I ever need to inverse rappel down a building at night. Harder than nail and also keep my tootsies warm and dry.

Slipper - Yes, I do in the colder month which can be many in the UK. Church Hermes in Burgundy

So, how about it people.... what do you have that stop your legs from fraying?

Okay, the demi dress ankle boot style it is. I would suggest not going with a printed exotic skin leather. Since you like the look of python and you'd like it in black, why not just opt for less expensive lizard skin as it will all look the same in black? I've wound up with boots from Mexico sold as exotic skins only to find they were embossed cowhide, mind you, very well done like you have pictured but still cowhide. It never comes out well in the end when they start having even a little wear. I do wear shoes other than boots and for exotics I prefer genuine lizard over snake skin, scales hold up better. Unfortunately, the only affordable pre-made snakeskin half boots are Giorgio Bruntini which all look like you just finished a flamenco dance session or came off the street as leader of the Sharks gang in "West Side Story." Caboots.com will make you any style toe, height, heel in any snake/lizard but will run you $500 - $600.

Well, if we're talking boots, I opt for either my RM Williams Crafstmen, in chestnut, (great for my line of work as I spend time in an office and on site, and can double up as casual evening wear with jeans when on business trips), or my tan nubuck classic Timberlands........but I do hanker after a pair of cowboy boots, just living in the wrong country to get away with wearing them ;)

OK lets talk cowboy boots.

Without a doubt..THE best purchase of my entire life was a pair of

Larry Mayhan black Lizards with a stirrup heel...in 1987!!!!!

I keep them in cedar shoe trees...wear them only for dress...have worn them

regularly for..let's see...that would... be 22 years.

The leather looks like new (no cracking), and I have never had them resoled.

Now THAT is a quality product. AND......they will ALWAYS be in fashion.

London, Paris, Rome, NY, or bum[censored].

OK lets talk cowboy boots.................

Now THAT is a quality product. AND......they will ALWAYS be in fashion.

London, Paris, Rome, NY, or bumfuck.

I'll have you know that in my travels I have worn Texas nose pickers in every one of those cities, including bumfuck, never felt out of place. If you look at Anthony Bourdain on his travel show on the Travel Channel, that's about all he wears all over the world, good for him, good for me. However, a lot of time you'll see me in Ecco shoes of various models during the day when not in jeans or long pants. Seems the boot scooters just don't go with shorts unless you're female or of that persuasion.

Would prefer to select my own toe shapre and heel style and height. As an alternative I am consdiering a pair of mock croc boots from a small vendor having made a range for their own offering.

Herring Shoes - Jagger

2313-1257-photo3.jpg

I quite like these, so much of a departure from my normal foot wear

Miendl island pro for cold and wet

15.jpg

miendl desert fox for when it is warm

desertfox_trekking_meindl_2.jpg

These are my civy boots, i just wear what is issued for work,

And this is for all occasions unless i am in a suit.

But i do like those croc ones

strange because i have never seen a croc wearing shoes???????????

Hmmmmn..:g:, one whole suitcase for just the shoes, you pack like my wife! :lol:

I spaced them out a bit for the photo, but they packed smaller, and I still managed to get in my clothes, without the need for a second case or bag, just my usual LV messenger bag, from my man KB, for the little things like magazines, drinks bottles etc :)

omni - Well, if you lots can find me a good price on a pair of black python boots I would be interested to add them to the collection :)

TJ - Your spose to have a foot fetish, not a shoe fetish

You know, of all the fetishes there are, feet is the one thing I can never get my head round... Besides, my shoes aren't a fetish, just a collection :whistling:

Interesting twist on the trad style, a bit biker, bit rancher and a punched toe. Odd but sort of appealing. The only bit which I have issue with would be the slit tops, not really my thing. Quite a radical option for a sneaker wearing youth but it would work well with a goo cross section of you ensemble. Guess it depends on how you care for them as well. Quite an indie style :D

Thanks for the exhausting answer.

We will see, first time I tried on boots like this i felt myself as I would be the Joker. Recently only fits me my Levis 512 that has a really nice outfit with the bootcut.

(there is another thing that a sneaker Nike or Puma goes well with almost every kind of tops, but as i have mostly hoodies, tshirts, or track tops, I have to collect some leather jacket, or western shirts to complete the outlook the boots would give me.

Another option is the Superdry boot:

post-22173-125128378016_thumb.jpg

Prof-

They're Frye Dillons; great boots and super comfortable once broken in. Great quality and they develop nicely over time.

Definitely among my favorites!

Ubi - thanks, but after searching high and low it seems that the Dillons are totally sold out :(

Besides, my wife seems to think I have enough shoes already...... :D

p1000339w.jpg

Besides, my wife seems to think I have enough shoes already...... :D

That Crocs replika rocks! (I am looking for almost the same colour, this it the only one i would be able to wear and go outside the street in it. But I still don't convinced myself.) Let me tell you the original Crocs slippers costs way too much for me- about 50$- for an ugly rubber shoes, but there are replicas of them everywhere now in every color options, and they price just only 15$.