When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sinn U2 GMT released

lanikai

it's been awhile since any new releases has hit the market... most of the much anticipated reps will be released around the end of the year.. looks like the makers are waiting for a little better economic upswing before releasing the models that were due during the summer..

the chrono's are said to be on the way..

http://www.jpc8118.com/0389-p-7071.html

38873723.jpg

A~C

Lani

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

been wanting these for YEARS

lani - have you heard anything about the AR on the nardins

New Makers are being groomed on different models in an attempt to lower prices... the AR on the top brands need improving

but realistically.. if you want the UN xtals to be 1:1 a trip to Cali.. is a must for the xtal.. Chiefs AR service for those who are not familiar with the logistics

L

I like the GMT hand. DOOO it lani! Make it a welcome back present to yourself.

What I really want is a watch that has the rubber strap that connects straight to the case like this one....I might have to sell something for this one!!

I like the GMT hand. DOOO it lani! Make it a welcome back present to yourself.

What I really want is a watch that has the rubber strap that connects straight to the case like this one....I might have to sell something for this one!!

OK... :Jumpy:

I'm green lighting it !! B)

L

I've just pulled the trigger on this one! :whistling:

As said, no-one but a WIS would know what this is, but for me, its nice to have a different watch brand in my collection for a change, especially one with a bit of pedigree :thumbsupsmileyanim:

on sinn site euro 1600,--.

diameter 44mm.

again a lie from the dealers it was made in connection with a gen sinn.

rolli

Hey rolli

good to see you on the board !

respectfully.. I think we've worked pass the fact that dealers are trying to lie at every turn.. they really are conduits for the makers who produce the piece.. so our choice is to buy or pass..

best not to burn bridges.. we all have "choices" ..

Aloha

Lani

I presume the rep is taller and has crown-position issues as they're trying to shoe-horn a non-2893 into a 2893-shaped hole.

I'd love to be wrong. :)

Oh, and I nearly bought a gen but couldn't help thinking the first time a non-WIS saw it, they'd say "Oh, I love Bono too!" and you'd be the guy with the U2 watch. Eesh!

I presume the rep is taller and has crown-position issues as they're trying to shoe-horn a non-2893 into a 2893-shaped hole.

I'd love to be wrong. :)

Oh, and I nearly bought a gen but couldn't help thinking the first time a non-WIS saw it, they'd say "Oh, I love Bono too!" and you'd be the guy with the U2 watch. Eesh!

feel the same about your ipod? :)

lani - we can't AR the ulysse because of the date mag - i would send it off happily

When comparing both pictures the crown position seems to be good.

Rep:

5.jpg

Gen:

U2-SDR_R.jpg

Other than expected the dimensions PC states are smaller than the measurements on Sinn's website (43.5x14 @ PC versus 44x15.5 @ Sinn). Maybe the diameter difference is just a thing of measuring bezel or case... But the rep's case back seems to be thinner than the gen's - Which will not keep me off buying the rep, actually.

The other flaws (white tipped red seconds hand instead of red seconds hand with white band and the CS capsule) are fixable imo.

EDIT: Just saw that it is not visible from the pictures I included. Have a look at www.sinn.de, there is a good profile shot of at least the U2 SDR and U2 S. On those pics it seems that the crown position is very good on the rep.