When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lots of Hi-Res Pictures of a GEN Rolex DSSD incl. Megalume

panerista1979

Hi Friends!

I posted this up a few Days ago on RG as well and I thought you'll also like it. :)

A good Friend of mine has this Beautiful gen DSSD and I asked him to take some Shots of this Beauty.

So I took my Cam today and did some quick and dirty Ones, because I know it is hard to find some Pics in the Internet that show up what we all want to see for compare. Bezel and Color of the Bezel Engraving, Pearl, Clasp etc...

So I just took Pictures of what I thought could be important for us Geeks here. :)

I hope you like them and they are good enough for a nice Camparsion between your Reps and this Gen. The Watch is bought May 2009, so it's an actuall Modell.

Please enjoy:

img1097k.jpg

img1098s.jpg

I terminated the Crystal Reflections at some of the Pics to show the Dial and Indexes better. So it looks a bit unnatural here and on the next Picture:

img1099mfw.jpg

img1100h.jpg

img1101q.jpg

img1102ftv.jpg

img1103q.jpg

img1105g.jpg

The software unsharpened the Caseback a bit to much on the Titanium Aera, because I wanted to terminate a Fingerprint here. If you like the un- photoshopped Pic, let me know... :)

img1106e.jpg

img1107g.jpg

img1108yra.jpg

img1109d.jpg

img1110pco.jpg

Pearl Close up:

img1112r.jpg

Pearl even closer up... ;) :

pearldetailo.jpg

Da Lume:

img1111qcl.jpg

As you can see, imho the "Bezel Paint Mod" is useless because the Engravings on the real Deal are Titanium coloured. Not bright silver as most of us think... :undecided:

I hope you have had Fun looking to my Pics. :)

Would be happy about some Feedbacks from you Guys!

Cheers

R.

Now that is a beauty.

I've never really been a Rolex fan but looking at something like this one shot so well certainly makes me feel like i'm missing something.

Maybe one day I'll dip my toe in. :)

Exactly! I came to this forum absolutely NOT wanting a Rolex replica .. I started with Bell & Ross and other off brands. But seeing the DSSDv5 photos in Gioarmani's famous review ... completely sold me and I had to have one. I'd never even cared for Rolex before!!

Also, seeing these macro images, I appreciate how CLOSE the v5 really is. The only differences I can see now are the Pearl, the lume brightness .. and the bezel color on the Gen is just a BIT darker grey.