When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UN MMD White/Black

b16a2

I'm in for the rhodium as well. I'm also kicking around the idea of the black dial (either dimpled or black surf) with rose gold.

I must admit, I'm really disappointed they didn't do these with the Seagull movements. Would have been much easier and you'd have a proven, reliable, accurate movement.

Not sure, I found the pictures from an ebay sale, they look very dark blue to me :)

I thought there was a forum member with a genuine of this exact watch, but I can't find the thread anywhere......

It was me :)

I want to post some pictures, but the people in the know at Photobucket have said I have exceeded my bandwidth until later this week :(

The markers and hands are indeed blue, similar to the IWC Porto blue hands and numerals.

I think the white looks good. I don't know if the blue is too light or not, but I think it looks nice. The caseback I'm not so worried about, in terms of accuracy. Remember folks, this is a $188 watch!! It's not a $300+ a7750 "super" or "less than super" rep. It's not much more than an el-cheapo Rolex 1675.

How many people even know what Ulysse Nardin is outside of RobbieG? How many have seen one and handled one to know about the bronze vs. silver badge, or which have blue rotors and a display back vs. solid back?

Here's RobbieG's original post:

Gen MMD Pictorial

If you look at this pic, the hands look dark:

UN12r.jpg

...but if you look at this one, you can see the colour is actually pretty close on the rep...as has been said many times in the past, it's all about the lighting:

UN1r.jpg

...and the solid caseback and silver badge:

UN10r.jpg

After looking at RobbieG's, I might spring for this one if it comes out in the silver dial. For a $188 rep, I still think it's pretty nice.

For $188 this is damn good. I remember when that bought us a lot worse. This is one beautiful watch. I've just ordered the blue surf and had them put on the bracelet. I just love that look. I actually saw the blue surf with a bracelet at an AD even though it doesn't come that way from the factory.

As for the caseback, I recommend wearing it right side up! :whistling: