When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

LV lovers unite!

JoJo35

A couple of years ago, I bought one of my first good rolex reps, a 16610LV from bklm. Soon after I had the watch, I sent it up to RG for a gen triploc and superlume, and I improved the insert and pearl.

Between then and now, I sold the watch, but never completely forgot it since I always did admire the uniqueness of the LV sub.

Recently, I acquired the grail of LV subs. I'll admit I got super lucky in finding an untouched, and completely original early serial number "Y" LV from the original owner. One of the very first LV's offered to the public, and a true anniversary summer 2003 watch.

Here's some pics, hope you enjoy.

...and for those who have LV's, please post up some pics, I'd love to see what's out there :)

16610LV001.jpg

16610LV014.jpg

16610LV002.jpg

16610LV005.jpg

16610LV011.jpg

Its nice to see a few of these make it out of the safes and onto wrists. So many got locked away from new by speculators hoping for a huge profit. Clearly that hasn't happened as suddenly they are easily found at pretty much RRP or even slightly less.

I passed by the local AD here today and was amazed at the selection of previously impossible to find models sitting in the windows. Greeen subs, Deep Sea's, Steel Daytonas.. etc.

Sweet! Well put together rep! But, ummm... why do you have a hang tag for a "P" series two-tone daytona? :mellow:

Because it was the only hang-tag I had left after selling or giving away the others (that's why it doesn't get turned over in the pics ;) ). I figured only the most anal, obsessive, clinically-certifiable Daytona freak would ever publicly nerd himself out, by pointing that out.

I was right...but it took two years. :D

Edited by gioarmani

Nothing too special here, '04 TWB. I actually had to wait all through weeks and weeks of "The 50th Anniversary LV is going to be repped! The 50th Anniversary LV is going to be repped! Fat hands and everything! I can't wait!" and "LV, what does LV stand for?" banter before this watch broke into the market. Funny. 'TTK' was the first to come through with a quantity. This one is from Eddie Lee. My oldest replica. It started out life with a black insert, people actually ordered them that way as a POP option. They were termed 'Super Subs' or as Eddie called them' 'Souper Sub'. I lived with it that way until I couldn't stand the ridiculousness of it all. Here after the Watchmaterial insert.

LV.jpg

LV%20pearl.jpg

Nothing too special here, '04 TWB. I actually had to wait all through weeks and weeks of "The 50th Anniversary LV is going to be repped! The 50th Anniversary LV is going to be repped! Fat hands and everything! I can't wait!" and "LV, what does LV stand for?" banter before this watch broke into the market. Funny. 'TTK' was the first to come through with a quantity. This one is from Eddie Lee. My oldest replica. It started out life with a black insert, people actually ordered them that way as a POP option. They were termed 'Super Subs' or as Eddie called them' 'Souper Sub'. I lived with it that way until I couldn't stand the ridiculousness of it all. Here after the Watchmaterial insert.

LV.jpg

LV%20pearl.jpg

Thanks for posting up Demsey. Your watch has the correct flat four insert and five tic dial. It seems that later reps somehow lost track, with some versions just a hodge podge of different Mk's, with nothing remotely close to gen. I'm glad to see you've kept it all this time. Ever think of doing further mods to it?