When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's Your Most Convincing Rep?

Guest watchboy

Guest watchboy

Being new and having just ordered a Submariner from Josh (can't wait to see it!).... I was wondering what other reps I might want to add to my collection. I thought a good way to start might be to take a member survey your most convincing Reps.

Which rep are you most proud of?

:3a:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being new and having just ordered a Submariner from Josh (can't wait to see it!).... I was wondering what other reps I might want to add to my collection. I thought a good way to start might be to take a member survey your most convincing Reps.

Which rep are you most proud of?

:3a:

I have 2 reps that are probably in the 98% accurate range. The Bentlet GT in white has an inner bezel thickness issue and a slight color variation in the subdials but that is it. It has already gone into the lion's den of two AD's and was praised for its' beauty. The other is my new Tag Link Chrono. No actual, "Got'chas" at ADs yet but the rep has a well documented reputation here for out of this world accuracy. A date window size issue and a single digit number error on the case back but that's about it. I only buy replicas in this accuracy of fidelity range. I'm a quality, not quantity guy. An honorable mention goes to the Omega Broad Arrow Speedmaster in white that was noticed by a salesperson at a high end store. He pointed it out to another customer who was looking at Speedmasters and said "Now there's the Broad Arrow I was telling you about".

I have 2 reps that are probably in the 98% accurate range. The Bentlet GT in white has an inner bezel thickness issue and a slight color variation in the subdials but that is it. It has already gone into the lion's den of two AD's and was praised for its' beauty. The other is my new Tag Link Chrono. No actual, "Got'chas" at ADs yet but the rep has a well documented reputation here for out of this world accuracy. A date window size issue and a single digit number error on the case back but that's about it. I only buy replicas in this accuracy of fidelity range. I'm a quality, not quantity guy. An honorable mention goes to the Omega Broad Arrow Speedmaster in white that was noticed by a salesperson at a high end store. He pointed it out to another customer who was looking at Speedmasters and said "Now there's the Broad Arrow I was telling you about".

Speedy broad arrow is indeed a awesome replica but wrong subdial spacings are evident. :)

DW 6263 (Compliments of Ubi)

MBW Red Sub (Tribalizedy and Ziggified)

Chrono Avenger (Swiss movement and relumed)

PAM 127 - Engraved movement, Relume, Pin Fix

Almost There:

PAM 2893 GMT (Palp Crown, Jimmy CG,Watchman cyclops, relumed - with datewheel will be 99%)

PAM 2892-A2 Power Reserve (New Crown, Jimmy CG, Watchman cyclops, relumed - with datewheel will be 99%)

PAM 36 (Josh's) - On the way. Will need a relume though. :)

I can't imagine anyone calling me out on either of these:

Then again, I doubt my 111h, 183, Sub, GMT, MoonWatch, SMP-GMT, etc. would ever be called out, either.

Your Iwc Gst, my next buy, is a exact copy and with your genuine dial will be perfect.

As for Moonwatch beauty and accuracy are not at the same level imho: Moonwatch replica can be easily called out.

This one.

106111-25023.jpg

Indeed one of the most accurate replica. :)

As for Moonwatch beauty and accuracy are not at the same level imho: Moonwatch replica can be easily called out.

I agree, but in the circles I move in, no-one would spot it as a rep.

The IWC and Panerai, however, could be worn in ADs if needed.

Hmmmm... Without a doubt, my most convincing is my franken-Daytona with El Primero 400:

106173-25019.jpg

Hey - that doesn't count!! :bleh::lol:

It's hardly a rep now, is it!!?

I'm concurring with those who say the TAG Link chronos. The incorrect model number isn't even an issue if you select the brushed bezel model (but then you'd have to fix the whacky font datewheel).

Edited by r11co

I have a FM Conquistador 2892 and a Tag Heuer Link (non-chrono) rep. Both are in my opinion very accurate, and use the same movements as the genuines... The Tag Heuer has been inspected by an authorized dealer, who "confirmed" that it was real! :) (I told him I bought it for a good price on Ebay, and he said that it was probably stolen, but definitely real).

Your Iwc Gst, my next buy, is a exact copy and with your genuine dial will be perfect.

Indeed one of the most accurate replica. :)

gen dial? is this IWC modded?

My Rolex Air-King from Silix.. :)

It is such a basic, no frils genuine-looking watch that hardly anyone would guess it is not real.. especially with some accessories:

106179-25018.jpg

The dial is spot on, and better than the more recent batch of Air-King replicas I bought..

Edited by chrgod

My Pam daylight 251 white dial 7753 and black dial Rolex 116523 and 116520...................Omega 2 tone double eagle is 98%. The only major flaw is the display back with the gold ETA movement.

Also very good believe it or not, Gold MOP dial masterpiece with diamond bezel. The SS pearlmaster I got for 2 girlfriends and my mom is also 99% spot on.

The Tag Heuer has been inspected by an authorized dealer, who "confirmed" that it was real! :) (I told him I bought it for a good price on Ebay, and he said that it was probably stolen, but definitely real).

Thats fantastic, I nearly spat my beer out when I read that.

You have just pushed me over the edge............off to by one.

Cheers

Gary