When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Ulysses Nardin Maxi Chronometer Arrived yesterday

ebzen02

This is not a review, but a quick look at some pics I took today of the Ulysse Nardin Maxi Chronometer 43mm. While it's not 1:1, it is surely a stunning piece and for the $120+ S/H I paid to Hont far exceeded my expectations--BTW he was a pleasure to deal with.

Now here it is:

_DSC0412-1.jpg

_DSC0422-1.jpg

_DSC0405.jpg

_DSC0413.jpg

_DSC0427-1.jpg

_DSC0418.jpg

Wristies:

_DSC0439.jpg

_DSC0441.jpg

_DSC0442.jpg

Edited by ebzen02

wow - a truly great value watch!...

i had a UN MDD quartz model with the same strap/bracelet...isn't it an amazing strap/bracelet?!...

love the detail on this one...and you don't see roman numerals on many dials often...

wear it well...

and welcome to RWG -- nice post!...R

Look great and the price is really good.

@ebzen: Gould you give us some details ??

- url of the watch

- How is the AR in person ??

- PR is working OK ??

Will appreciate it.

-Bought at www.Hontwatch.com: Not a trusted dealer here I think, but the communication and transaction was flawless. From what I hear he doesn't dropship ;)

-The AR is suprisingly good. I don't think there is a need to change it.

-The PR works perfectly and the watch charges in no time.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Edited by ebzen02

BTW.. I have showered with this watch and dunked it in water-- taking one for the team-- and it passed. I will go swimming with it next. Pretty good for the price, eh. The quality and feel far surpases any comparable $120 watch (gen or rep) out there. If it were up to me I'd get it in every color and combination. The watch is stunning. This is one of my grail watches so I am in love with it :)

-Bought at www.Hontwatch.com: Not a trusted dealer here I think, but the communication and transaction was flawless. From what I hear he doesn't dropship ;)

-The AR is suprisingly good. I don't think there is a need to change it.

-The PR works perfectly and the watch charges in no time.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Thanks mate.

You're just too damn good a photographer ebzen02. :( If your pics had been just a little crappier, I probably wouldn't have felt that overpowering urge to go and get it myself. But I did - and just so you know, I hold you personally responsible for the sudden dip in my bank balance.

LOL!!! The dip should not have been too bad considering what one pays for the average rep..

Enjoy it.. You won't be dissapointed. Please post pics as soon as you get it. BTW, which one did you get? Same?

Indeed, the very same one. I chose asian7750.com for the deal, since Tony there has been recommended by a few people as fast and reliable. The price is $118 from there + $30 shipping. The model above isn't pictured on the site (except in gold), but getting it was no problem.

And no, the price is far from frightening, so I'll consider not punching you on the nose if we ever run into one another.

It also appears amazingly accurate for a rep at this price point, apart from a few quite small differences. On the original the hour hand seems just a little shorter and the surface of the hands are subtly rounded, not beveled. The back is another matter of course, but I guess there's nothing much to do about that. Oh, and I can't see from your pictures if the dial is textured - the original's dial has a sunburst texture, while the rep appears to have none.

Now I just hope the rep makers come out with a bracelet of the same quality sooner rather than later.

Hi, to be honest, before to see this post I really hated Ulysses Nardin rep watches. They have a lot of colors and the design was not my kind of taste. Until now.

The pictures are awesome and the design of the watch is beautiful. Simple and not overcharged like other Ulysses models. Roman numbers in the dial give the watch a classy look combined with casual look given by the strap.

I don't see major differences with the gen:

post-6192-125272761961_thumb.jpg

I just love it. And I love it more when I saw its price. This will be my next buy in october. It will be the very first "cheap" rep I will buy. Tony from Asia7750 will be my man (I have bought my last 3 watches from him and the service has been excellent).

Thanks ebzen02 to share you discovery with us.

I would hope factories will release the leather strap, but for the price of the watch, would be to much wish (if someone knows a similar leather strap to put on it, could you be able to share the info please?)

Alejandro

Edited by fitipaldi

Hi, to be honest, before to see this post I really hated Ulysses Nardin rep watches. They have a lot of colors and the design was not my kind of taste. Until now.

The pictures are awesome and the design of the watch is beautiful. Simple and not overcharged like other Ulysses models. Roman numbers in the dial give the watch a classy look combined with casual look given by the strap.

Pretty much my exact thoughts too. Actually there are a number of other UN models I find extremely appealing, but as seems to be usual the rep factories first (and sometimes only) replicate the busiest and most garish models available. Glad they made an exception this time.

Indeed, the very same one. I chose asian7750.com for the deal, since Tony there has been recommended by a few people as fast and reliable. The price is $118 from there + $30 shipping. The model above isn't pictured on the site (except in gold), but getting it was no problem.

And no, the price is far from frightening, so I'll consider not punching you on the nose if we ever run into one another.

It also appears amazingly accurate for a rep at this price point, apart from a few quite small differences. On the original the hour hand seems just a little shorter and the surface of the hands are subtly rounded, not beveled. The back is another matter of course, but I guess there's nothing much to do about that. Oh, and I can't see from your pictures if the dial is textured - the original's dial has a sunburst texture, while the rep appears to have none.

Now I just hope the rep makers come out with a bracelet of the same quality sooner rather than later.

Awesome...but please do not punch me in the face. BTW, I tried viewing his site, but for some reason I got a IE error. Hmmm..