When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Maybe time to re-read the rules!

redwatch

Hi Folks,

I have only been here for a short while now, but I really do love this place. Lately, I have found some of the posts a tad bit disturbing. Lots of flames, upsets, name calling, and posts in other languages (not that I mind this at all - but lately they have been for the sake of berating other members).

I think for the sake of the noob's and some of the long standing members, it might be helpful to re-read the rules here. I just read them for the first time (I know - it's a little embarrassing) and I was quite astonished that there were so many rules being blatantly ignored lately. I of course will not refer to any specific posts in question, but I am sure you can all guess which one/ones I am referring to.

Anyways, on to my point. I thought it would be helpful to post this link to the rules just in case some of you (like myself) may have missed this.

Hope everyone has a great week and long live RWG!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Rules ?.. we have Rules???? :huh:

We dun need no Stinkin Rules :angry:

every once in a while Men will be Boyz and a little skirmish will take place..

nothing like in the past though....

*sigh* .... sometimes ya miss the good ole days.... :cry2:

Oh don't get me wrong.....some of the skirmishes lately have made for a fantastic read! However, in spite of what most would consider common sense, some of the "rules" do make a lot of sense for a community as large as ours!

True 2 !!

but we will always have the passer's by or trouble makers looking to degrade RWG.. they can try but in the end RWG is what it is... Me thinks we are headed in a good direction with new members coming on board daily.. we may not be about massive numbers..

But as Ubi say's "quality over quantity" .. I couldn't see myself on any other forum ..

this is the alpha and omega ... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

Guys,

The rules are in place, for when they are needed.

No more, no less.

Do we apply them at every breach? Not likely!

However sometimes rules are breached too regularly, and with a different intent or spirit.

THEN, they have a place!

We don't trot 'em out often!

Only when needed. :whistling:

Offshore

rule 8

Whoa. There's, like, at least eight forum rules? Crikey, God only had ten. Who do you people think you are?

@Red

I think your heart is in the right place. I believe I know of the particulars you refer, and it certainly isn't a bad idea to revisit those tenets that separate us from the beasts. And RWG 1.1. But, from whence I came; RWG 'original recipe', this forum is a sip of iced tea while swinging from a Pawley's island hammock as your beloved reads select Wordsworth on a high summer's day. And watches. Trust me. Enjoy!

I don't think so! I have hardly been around here lately!

Applications are now being taken for the official RWG "Villian"

Dems app. was rejected.. no one knows weather to take him serious..plus he's jus to dang witty :lol:

but it's a committment JG .. once your "in" there is no leaving.. :winkiss:

Having to look up 'declension' is not a problem. Not understanding what the definition means is nature's way of telling you you need to take an English class :D

I have to say the balance is just about right on this forum regarding rules and their enforcement. I dislike over moderation and censorship.

OMG...

What happened to John G...

Have his posting privileges really been removed?

OMG...

:whistling:

:lol:

Awww Mike, spoil sport!

Well, I hope not. He has been contributing well as of late. I just wish he'd move away from PAM and go the way of TJ; do up some fantasy Rolex maybe a nice Vache? TIA

But you know, the relationship I have had with this member is certainly not tenuous but little love lost certainly. Well, maybe a little. We only hurt the ones we love. Who here has a brother that you wouldn't give a kidney to, but hadn't loosened one tooth with a punch along the way? I think it 'perfect' actually, as an example. Especially with regard to Red's commitment to RWG here and the 'call to civility' which in itself is a pan-forum staple. As are 'the common torts and laws with regard to replica watches, copyright infringement and repercussion', 'crown guards and deliberate flaw, why do the factories operate this way?!' and 'gun control debate' threads.

The particulars of said same relationship are for the annals of replica watch lore however as the bulk has been sealed by the courts @ Replica-Watches-Guide.com. Hopefully, as Chernobyl, under a six meter blanket of concrete. There are vestiges however; here at RWG with a ban, and a hangover of it at RWG1.1, but that is well and aside some points;

We see and dislike in others, those traits we see and dislike most in ourselves. That's how you can learn about 'you'.

If you can't take it, don't dish it out, to anyone, trolls included. There will always be the idle person of misguided principle willing to take up for an underdog as a point of upbringing, and remember; yes, there will be a guy bringing a gun and a rep Rolex to a knife fight. Like Gen. H. Norman Schwartzkopf said in that last war; "I think a sledgehammer is a dandy way of taking out a fly".

If you don't know the difference between a bathroom and a livingroom, I don't want you in my house. But, if you do crap in the livingroom, be courteous enough not to track it all over the building.

If you are 'new', you have no 'rights' within the tribe. Even if you chiefed heaven yesterday.

On that last board, 'Neo' defined some terms; 'trolling', among other things, is a putsch to sway board opinion in a personal direction and away from civilty by disruption. True, but it can also be used to sway board opinion toward civility. It can be used benevolently, and uninvasively. Just by setting good example. There is enough of that here in the Admin. and common membership. This board will simply be abandoned before it is dismantled by Cortez.

Speaking of the General;

“You can't help someone get up a hill without getting closer to the top yourself.”

Gen. H. Norman Schwartzkopf

Werd.