When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wednesday wrist check

TeeJay

Many Happy Returns Teejay :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Mines tomorrow, don't you think they come round quicker, the older you get?

Anyway, Skyland for me today ( Did n't have a wiskey bottle ,so the next best thing) :lol:

p1020428medium.jpg

The Postman has just come while writing this, and delivered something sinnful ! :Jumpy:

Have fun T'J. Do you imbibe considering your conversion? Not really sure how that works. Anyway, hope you celebrate in fine fashion!

eb9d9215_39312.jpg

Wooooooo! I changed my watch! This dreadnought. I guess this model now comes with more correct subdial spacing with the new 7750 rework? Sigh............

PlanetOceanVII.jpg

PlanetOceanVIII.jpg

PlanetOceanIV.jpg

PlanetOceanVI.jpg

Portage%20a.jpg

Ooops.........that last one slipped in as it was the next in queue in the photo album. In Alaska, this is what they call 'exiting the restroom'. Meanwhile, downstream, a group tourists from Ohio are dipping their tumblers into the glacial run-off to mix with their single malt. That my friends is why a Scotsman always drinks his whisky neat! Cheers!

@Arnie

'House of Parliament' sauce? Yum! I have gone through all my stash from the last crossing. And mi' Brinjal Pickle. I'm down to using A1. Time for another visit.

I'll be away for the next few days so I can spend my birthday with my parents and friends for the first time in five years, and this is what will be telling me the time till I get back Sunday :)

DSCN2401.jpg

Happy B day TeeJay. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I hope you enjoy your time with your friends and family. :) Mike

I told you the postman came whilst I was putting up my Wednesday wristy :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Wed PM, I will be mostly wearing.......

Hike, that strap on your Pam, with red stitching, I think it would look good on my Sinn

Looks sharp! I gotta order this! What do ya think of the PVD version? Lug size?

Looks sharp! I gotta order this! What do ya think of the PVD version? Lug size?

Its 22mm across the lugs and I must say that the rep rubber feels really good, nice and soft.

My problem with the PVD version is that it just looks like there's too much white on the front, but thats just me.

If the bezel numbers were more subdued, red or gloss black as to not draw you away from that cracking dial, I might.But then again, its what the gen is like.

Time will tell as to how the blasted finish holds up but as soon as you get a scratch on it, your mullered.

Its still my preference though, just gotta be careful.

Nice! The AR is awesome in this photo!

Thanks, the AR has a slight pinky-purple hue when you catch it in the light, but on the whole, its very very good indeed.

Comparing the AR on it to my other wristy for today.

p1020481medium.jpg

I've never seen a chief AR in the flesh but that must be remarkable compared to these two.

Its 22mm across the lugs and I must say that the rep rubber feels really good, nice and soft.

My problem with the PVD version is that it just looks like there's too much white on the front, but thats just me.

If the bezel numbers were more subdued, red or gloss black as to not draw you away from that cracking dial, I might.But then again, its what the gen is like.

Time will tell as to how the blasted finish holds up but as soon as you get a scratch on it, your mullered.

Its still my preference though, just gotta be careful.

Thanks for the input! So same size as the Breits! I have a rubberized black/red strap that I thought you could use, but it's a 20mm!

Too bad!

This one for today:

grahamovlrd.jpg

I just revisited the movie 'Top Gun' with an Air Force instructor buddy out of Vance AFB this week-end. It was funny Robert, every five minutes he would chime in; "No" especially during the flight sequences. :lol:

Anyhoo, if you condensed that film into a wristwatch, this Graham would be what you would get. Aircraft carrier accoutrement included. The 9 o'clock side of the dial is a 'no aircraft movement zone' apparently. :)

I just revisited the movie 'Top Gun' with an Air Force instructor buddy out of Vance AFB this week-end. It was funny Robert, every five minutes he would chime in; "No" especially during the flight sequences. :lol:

Anyhoo, if you condensed that film into a wristwatch, this Graham would be what you would get. Aircraft carrier accoutrement included. The 9 o'clock side of the dial is a 'no aircraft movement zone' apparently. :)

Thanks Dems, I now truly understand the rationale for this watch. Without that explanation I kept looking at it and saying, "Why?"

Without that explanation I kept looking at it and saying, "Why?"

:lol:

Zen: Why not?

But I have to say, as far as Grahams go, I like this one. 'Overlord' being the British code for the Normandy Invasion +1, succeedding Spitfire models were "Marks" the 'rondelle' @ 3 and the subdial @ 9 is how the A/S indicator would have looked it's just dripping with WWII accoutrement and touches of military hardware. 'Rivetting' on a dial? Bail outs over Channel must have been a [censored] ..............