When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Real or Rolex, you decide

JoJo35

You need pics to assess? C'mon B...you're better than that. I thought you were an expert.

Well of course :whistling: I was going to use the pics so other members could see what I was describing. So be it.

In this model, the inks used for the dial underline were produced from lime mined along the shores of the Amazon. However, during August (3rd week) native ritual dance replaces all other activity, the most secret and mysterious being the "Babaloo". To perform this dance correctly one must smear oneself with a generous layer of white dye, or have it tattooed into one's skin. It is also not uncommon to find natives adorning themselves with white dyed jewelry.

pic9.jpg

The problem presented to WIS collectors is that the lime becomes so depleted during late August and early September, the underlines on Rolex dials produced during this period are always pale when compared to other months of the year.

Look at that underline. It's pathetically pale.

The careful observer will also note the tip of the minutes hand is ever so slightly rounded. This is due to Hans Wildorf's obsession with using a tool until it is thoroughly worn out before replacing it. Any true WIS :whistling: would know that all minutes hand stamps are placed into the production lines in the 3rd week of December (Hans' one true offering of generosity during the Yule seasons) and that the stamps always wear to the point of producing rounded minute hand tips by ... August.

This is therefore an August production watch, with a pale underline, hence genuine.

8)

*Biting my lip and jumping up and down* :Jumpy:

You know, that Sub just looks SO out of place in that shot. Doesn't it sort of just turn your stomache? I mean... the dissonance! :yuk:

Tell ya what, send it to me and I'll solve your dissonance problem. :tu: