When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua's 1665 DRSD

lanikai

Well nobody has mentioned the glaring flaw I see, so I'll toss it out there for discussion. Who sees the difference between my MBW and Josh's piece? Think MBW 6538 "Big Crown"...

MBW crown, all original:

yes - crown sits a little lower - but for the price ?

+ price, better bracelet and prob better datewheel .....

- lower crown and lugholes ...

cheers,

Frank

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please clarify the issue of Josh's crown and that it sits too low. According to the pic of a gen, it looks like its in the right position to me.

Please clarify members!!!

The crown position is lower then gen as pointed out multiple times.

GEN:

IMG_0510.JPG

MBW(sorry for wrong angle):

002jus.jpg

NEW VERSION:

joshuas1665drsd019.jpg

Edited by slickdick

I'm on the fence with this one...

As a basis for modding, it's not a bad place to start, so long as you accept the fact that the majority of parts will be discards in lieu of better parts.

The only major case issues I see are the crown height position and the low lug holes that could be problematic.

There ya go, Slick. To me that crown is so low that it just tosses the whole works out the window. You can overcome small details but something that far out? It's why I never built a 6538 from MBW's case.

joshuas1665drsd012.jpg

And that brings up another point, Freddy. Have you noticed when mounting different bracelets on various models that they are often not the same color as the watch case?

That's one thing I really like about Yuki's 7206, it's exactly the same color as a gen case.

And that brings up another point, Freddy. Have you noticed when mounting different bracelets on various models that they are often not the same color as the watch case?

That's one thing I really like about Yuki's 7206, it's exactly the same color as a gen case.

Yes, that is 1 of the problems with Josh's new DRSD (wrong metal color) & 1 of the great things about Yuki's bracelet (right metal color).

I just received the "Great White" version of this watch from Andrew. The bezel on mine is *not* constructed like the genuine at all. It has the bent wire as apposed to the flat washer. The bezel from my MBK 1665 will *not* fit on this watch. Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with the quality of the watch. The ridges in the case back are very rough compared to my MBK watch. I'll post some pictures later.

"THE BEST EVER VINTAGE SPORTS RANGE REPLICATED

SURPASSING ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS!!!!"

"BEZEL: Black Uni-directional bezel (non-click)

**Same Bezel Clip-on Construction as Genuine!"

wtf :angry:

"THE BEST EVER VINTAGE SPORTS RANGE REPLICATED

SURPASSING ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS!!!!"

"BEZEL: Black Uni-directional bezel (non-click)

**Same Bezel Clip-on Construction as Genuine!"

wtf :angry:

I emailed Andrew and included a picture. I'll see what his response is. Seems to me that this watch is pretty useless as a base for modding.

Only lies...... :shock:

It's called marketing.. the World is full of it..every brand .. every Company

I doubt you or anyone here believes everything they read.. that's why we wait for pics and reviews.. if members find it's not what it is cracked up to be pass..simple..really..

Some of us buy reps and post pics and reviews .. so others can decide and not spend their money on reps that are less than what we thought they would be.. leave it at that .......just pass..did you buy one? .. I've bought reps that were not what I thought they were.. don't blame the dealer.... that's why you wait for the reviews.

these friggin comments are useless really.. what good do they do us ? A simple.. "I'll pass on this one".. would suffice wouldn't it??

L

I doubt you or anyone here believes everything they read.. that's why we wait for pics and reviews.. if members find it's not what it is cracked up to be pass..simple..really..

Lani, of course, I know what you mean. But, judging from the posts & questions I frequently see that reference new models, I think alot of new (& some not-so-new) members DO believe what they read. Especially, when what they are reading comes from 1 of our 'respected' Collectors. I think many noobs assume (to some degree, understandably) that if they read something on 1 of our collectors' sites, that it must have been vetted & is therefore true. Or, at least, have a basis in truth.

It's called marketing.. the World is full of it..every brand .. every Company

Some of us buy reps and post pics and reviews .. so others can decide and not spend their money on reps that are less than what we thought they would be.. leave it at that .......just pass..did you buy one? .. I've bought reps that were not what I thought they were.. don't blame the dealer.... that's why you wait for the reviews.

these friggin comments are useless really.. what good do they do us ? A simple.. "I'll pass on this one".. would suffice wouldn't it??

L

Granted, the rep game is a bit of a crap shoot, and I agree with most of your comments. However, I'm not sure that there is a way to categorize the claim "Same Bezel Clip-on Construction as Genuine!" anything other than a lie. Calling it marketing is very generous IMHO.

I did buy one, but I knew the risks ahead of time, and I'm willing to live with what I got, but at the same time, I believe that the trusted dealers here should have some degree of accountability in exchange for their trusted status.