When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just pulled the trigger on this one :)

Martyd3

I am very excited about getting this one. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on one of Yuki's 1655's, but I wanted something that I knew would be reliable and could be worn daily. I just wasn't convinced that the 1655 would be that watch. I think the LRRP has the look of the original, but none of the potential problems. Sort of like a new Hemi Challenger vs. it's 40 year old cousin :)

standard.jpg

I am very excited about getting this one. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on one of Yuki's 1655's, but I wanted something that I knew would be reliable and could be worn daily. I just wasn't convinced that the 1655 would be that watch. I think the LRRP has the look of the original, but none of the potential problems. Sort of like a new Hemi Challenger vs. it's 40 year old cousin :)

standard.jpg

I am thinking something similar about using a Yuki 1655 case but I didn't really want to go the whole way and use a Rolex 1575 movement. I've thought about using a ETA 2893 if I can get one from somewhere ( should be reliable for day to day use ) but then I have the problem of making the 2893 fit the Yuki case correctly. Haven't decided yet.

TudorKing

I am thinking something similar about using a Yuki 1655 case but I didn't really want to go the whole way and use a Rolex 1575 movement. I've thought about using a ETA 2893 if I can get one from somewhere ( should be reliable for day to day use ) but then I have the problem of making the 2893 fit the Yuki case correctly. Haven't decided yet.

TudorKing

You will need some type of spacer if you go that route. Yuki may have one. Don't forget that you will need to buy a bracelet too!