When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Explorer II "Noob Old School" White Dial

Stephane

I'm pretty much the same mind as you, and every watch I have is a black dial except for the Daytona I ordered which made it through customs this weekend!!! That said, this really looks, how should I say, "crisp" and "clean". I cast my vote for the "don't violate" option...

Congrats Stephane!

Explorer II is great in both colors. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate even one second if I had a spare black dial awaiting. Gen dial is always something else.

But there's always one option... get them both, like me. :D

3s.jpg

Looks pretty impressive Stephane! I'd be hesitant to change out that dial! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks RW.

I agree with you.

It's cool to have a "great rep" for once, and not go the franken route.

I'm pretty much the same mind as you, and every watch I have is a black dial except for the Daytona I ordered which made it through customs this weekend!!! That said, this really looks, how should I say, "crisp" and "clean". I cast my vote for the "don't violate" option...

I'll try to resist about violate it :whistling: ...but I'm pretty sure I will not violate it.

Wow very nice Stephane!! I can see why you held out on this one :) Wear it well!

Thanks J. Again, it is a pleasure to communicate with you!

Don't change the dial Stpeehane.I like the white dial much better then the black one.It gives the watch more class then with a black dialWear it wellCarpe DiemCats

Hartelijk bedankt Cats.

It's my only white dial <_<

I guess it will stay as is.

Stephane this watch like all of yours is very nice. I know you will enjoy wearing it.

Thanks a lot for the nice words GP. I'll wear it well, hopefuly ...I mean I hope it won't stay in the box!

Congrats Stephane!Explorer II is great in both colors. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate even one second if I had a spare black dial awaiting. Gen dial is always something else.But there's always one option... get them both, like me. :D

Thanks BT. But I think that I really want to keep it as a rep for once (exept the crown that is awfull).

Of course a gen dial is a must but this one seems so good!

As for getting a black too, no way :o If I do that, then the white one will remain in the box forever!

Nice pics stephane, how is the lume compared to the gen dial, is it normal rep noob lume?

Thanks Andy. Yep the lume is standart. Nothing like a gen dial.

That really is a fine watch, and personally, I'd keep it just as it is :good: The watch didn't do anything for me when I tried one on in an AD, but it always photographs so well :victory:

You're right TJ, it's not a super star.

I owned 3 of them in the past, a bad rep, a gen, a black Noob Eta.

It's a love/hate relationship I have with this model.

We'll see if I sell it or keep it this time 8)

Thanks BT. But I think that I really want to keep it as a rep for once (exept the crown that is awfull).

Of course a gen dial is a must but this one seems so good!

As for getting a black too, no way :o If I do that, then the white one will remain in the box forever!

As much as I love my black, I would always choose white (if I had to choose between them). The gen white dial is stunning... the green lume looks amazing on white Explorer II. One of my all time favorite watches for sure.

Maybe it's the same thing with modern Daytona... I'd always choose white over black. And besides... even though we both have hmm... very one-dimensional and not-so-adventurous tastes... variety is the spice of life. Rolex makes so many amazing black dial watches, so why not throw in one white to the mix? :)

You're right TJ, it's not a super star.

I owned 3 of them in the past, a bad rep, a gen, a black Noob Eta.

It's a love/hate relationship I have with this model.

We'll see if I sell it or keep it this time 8)

It's funny, it always looks so nice in photos, it just didn't 'speak to me' when I tried one on, I guess some watches are just like that. My 16610 EuroFakes Submariner, although a nice watch, didn't hold my interest enough to keep it as a permanent watch, which was why I started looking for a replacement Omega, yet my Tudor Submariner, even though it's an incomplete project, and visually very similar to the 16610, I really enjoy wearing it, so it can obviously only be some small detail which makes the difference, yet so small, I can't put my finger on it :lol:

Maybe I'll give the white Exp II another try at some point :) If I like it, I get a new watch in the collection, and if I don't like it, I'm sure someone would take it off my hands for me :victory:

Guest SliceMaster

It truely is a great looking watch you got there Stephane :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I bought a cheapie about a year ago and I got one with black surroundings so it actually is a very nice looking one for only 90$, even if yours look better :1a:

This is mine

blandat003hk6.jpg

bilwristies019he6.jpg

As much as I love my black, I would always choose white (if I had to choose between them). The gen white dial is stunning... the green lume looks amazing on white Explorer II. One of my all time favorite watches for sure. Maybe it's the same thing with modern Daytona... I'd always choose white over black. And besides... even though we both have hmm... very one-dimensional and not-so-adventurous tastes... variety is the spice of life. Rolex makes so many amazing black dial watches, so why not throw in one white to the mix? :)

Well, to be clear, my taste originaly goes to white dials first...Breitling, JLC or Omega Broad Arrow in example.

Rolex (exept the Sub) came later in my desires and are black only for sports watch thats is, and recently, I naturaly choose white for Date/DateJust.

If I ever go back to Daytona, then it will be white too. :)

Beautiful. The white dial looks great to me. If you have the gen black dial kicking around...definitely put that in a SECOND watch. ;)

I have the Black dial, but I do not intend to build a franken Toad.

I'd be delighted to sell it to you :yeah:

Beautiful watch, Stephane. The EXII looks best in white.

Well, I must recognize that it is true.

At least for now.

With my non grail watches I'm very versatile!

If you are concerned with such things, I think the white dial watches are less 'serious' from a fashion sense. I always preferred my white dial 116520's for day tripping; lunches, shopping, pool side, going to the park.

Black=business=Bond

Well, Dems, I am the other way round.

Interresting to notice that once again all tastes exist. :rolleyes:

Black/Bond = pool/sport

A White Ultra Thin JLC = Coktail and business :brow:

It truely is a great looking watch you got there Stephane :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim: I bought a cheapie about a year ago and I got one with black surroundings so it actually is a very nice looking one for only 90$, even if yours look better :1a:

To be very direct: I don't see why mine is better Mr Slice :blink:

Yours look beautifull and the crown is 100 times better than on mine :Jumpy:

Congrats!