When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Friday W>C

lanikai

My birthday present to myself finally arrived today :)

DSCN2549.jpg

I haven't made up my mind about reviewing it yet, as it's a definite 'mixed bag' of flaws in replication vs nice presentation 'in itself'. I did try transplanting the dial/movement into the vintage sub case, but the stem wouldn't disengage the hack, so it looks like I'm stuck with doing a 1655 project :lol:

My birthday present to myself finally arrived today :)

DSCN2549.jpg

I haven't made up my mind about reviewing it yet, as it's a definite 'mixed bag' of flaws in replication vs nice presentation 'in itself'. I did try transplanting the dial/movement into the vintage sub case, but the stem wouldn't disengage the hack, so it looks like I'm stuck with doing a 1655 project :lol:

I may have spare parts for you TJ from the 3 reps it too to make my 1655 ..

AC

L

I may have spare parts for you TJ from the 3 reps it too to make my 1655 ..

AC

L

That would be awesome, bro :) My original plan, was simply to spray a matte varnish over the dial, but, as it needs luming (not just re-luming, but at the moment it has 0% lume on the markers :lol: ) I'm waiting on performing the varnish till that's handled :) I have to admit, I'm not feeling it as much as I have Subs or the GMT II, and I'll give it 24 hours wear just to give it a fair chance, but, I'm expecting a re-built 79190 dial back from Slartibartfast soon, so I expect as soon as that arrives, the Sub will be glued back to my wrist again :lol: This will allow me to have a 79190 as a primary beater, the Snowflake project in the NATO case as a 'Summer watch', and the 1655 as a backup/alternate beater just in case :victory: I admit, I do like how the dial looks (especially the hands) but the markers are taking a little getting used to, compared to the Snowflake dial, which is a pleasure to wear :lol:

I dunno if I can locate the Omega flight hands.. they need to be broached though to fit.. they are 1:1 to the gen. .. I have another case.. actually 2, one with a genuine crystal on it.. but I may want to keep that one.. and get lug holes drilled someday.. but what ever I have, I'll send your way with the MBK bracelet I promised..I just gotta dig them out.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

I dunno if I can locate the Omega flight hands.. they need to be broached though to fit.. they are 1:1 to the gen. .. I have another case.. actually 2, one with a genuine crystal on it.. but I may want to keep that one.. and get lug holes drilled someday.. but what ever I have, I'll send your way with the MBK bracelet I promised..I just gotta dig them out.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

Thanks, bro, it's very much appreciated :) To be honest, I'm happy with the stock hands as they are (and I don't have the tools to do broaching) I couldn't in good conscience accept any major parts like a case, as at the moment, if I'm perfectly honest, I'm in two minds about even keeping the watch, as I'm really just not feeling it... It might be a different matter once I lume the dial, but at the moment, I can't see it being anything more than a spare watch, so not something I'll give major time to (other than maybe some light vintaging and lume work) If the MBK bracelet is still on offer, that would be very greatfuly received though :)