When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend Wristie..........11-07-09?

hiker01

Hey Guys! You can't rely on Lani and red and demsey all the time! These people have lives, too! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I guess someone has to do it........so here goes:

Garage day today......change oil, minor tune ups, so the beater/tool watch for me this weekend:

dssd1.jpg

dssdt.jpg

Enjoy your weekend, guys!

AC Lani!

I mean, Hike!

Same as yesterday, although with a cosmetic modification:

DSCN2553.jpg

I'll just come out and say it: I have very mixed feelings about this watch, and I can understand why the 1655 does not make frequent appearances in the wristies...

PROS:

Second sweep is the smoothest in my collection.

The hands are very easy to see, and I do like the aesthetic of the 'floating' hands (rather than hands visible all the way to the pinions)

The datewheel font is very crisply printed, so requires no magnification. (In fact, the cyclops only really served to distort the 3 marker...)

Very clean overall aesthetic look to the watch. It does look cool.

CONS:

Lack of rotating bezel means no 'easy timer' indication.

While the '12, 6 and 9 markers are clear, I find the other hour markers are too small to be easily noticed, and can 'jumble up' with the 24 hour markers, making the dial surprisingly awkward to read. Surprisingly, I found my 'wooden mystery' dial more comfortable to read, and that had no markers...

No lume on the dial, but that is fixable...

While it would seem that the watch has more pros than cons (and indeed it does)those pros are all that is preventing me from flipping the watch. The cons, for my requirements, weigh very strongly against the pros, and I do not enjoy wearing the watch as much as I enjoy wearing my Snowflake Sub. I am going to wear the watch over the weekend to give myself a chance to become accustomed to it, but at the moment, I cannot see that happening, and I can't see the watch being anything other than a 'collection only' piece, with its only wrist-time being as a spare should anything happen to any of the others... It's a nice watch, but certainly not my cup of tea YMMV :)

Looks nice, TJ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks, bro :) Sure, it looks nice, and it looks (and feels) nicer now I've put the bracelet from the Tudor Sub into place...

DSCN2556.jpg

But, I'm still not really feeling it :lol: / :bangin: I'll see how I feel monday when the Snowflake gets a facelift ;)

Today and tomorrow i will be wearing my SUB which was modded by Omega

CloseupBobbySUBII.jpg

Carpe Diem

Cats

Omega made for me too Cats!

Incredible watches done by him! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Here is mine

rolexc.jpg

rolex3.jpg

And tomorrow a Radiomir PANERAI bought from a member on another forum (The small seconds was dead when the watch arrived :( )

panerai.jpg

panerai.jpg

Have a nice week-end everybody! :D