When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's this?

JoJo35

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. For me, I completed a lot of the yard work outside today, and that included putting a ladder to the gutters and cleaning out the remnants of leaves, and upon completion taking a backpack leaf blower and cleaning up the rest of the yard.

After that was completed, I put the tools away and came inside for some lunch.

Hmm...

It looks like I got some mail...

:)

It seems that the postman left a curious package for me:

What can this be??? :)

I opened it up...

..and holy crap! :Jumpy:

IT'S A PACKAGE FROM ROLX!!!!! :shock:

Well, it looks like it was definitely for me :)

Digging down a little further....

...it appears to be from 5th Avenue :D

I guess it's a watch, because (so nice of them :) ) they put this little notice in the package for me:

Hmm... forty winds???? Good lord, maybe four :)

Yep, old boxy 4 insert replaced by a new triangular 4 insert- cool that they sent you back the old insert!

I like the edge of the lug picture- no arris on the edge- that fine bevel we see from time to time on the edge of some Rolexes. Actually, I could only find it on my 1680 WM rep- not on any of my gens. Of course, all of my gens are 27 years old or older!

Cool pics, thanks JJ.

I like the edge of the lug picture- no arris on the edge- that fine bevel we see from time to time on the edge of some Rolexes.

You know, I noticed the same thing.

My K-series GMT definitely has that edge... and so do most other modern Rolexes. Could it be that they remove the bevel when they polish the case?

PS: Enjoy JoJo... great watch! :)

Nice JJ. Jealous. The 16613 is the 'it' Rolex as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather 'own' the 6263, but the 16613 Black Dial is the 'it' watch for sure. Huh By-Tor? :)

I had this watch as replica from Joshua. I will still maintain that watch was the first piece bought from Joshua by a member of RWG. Looooooong before Perfect Clones was up and running. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. -_-

Anyhoo, I'd like to open a discussion with regard to the bezel insert. Specifically the color hue of the font. When I bought my watch from Josh I did a review. One aspect that I dwelled on, and suggested may be a flaw, was the insert font was more a 'brassy' (for lack of a better term) color rather than an exact match to the gold accoutrement, the mid-links, bezel, crown. A member, who had recently been in several AD's looking to source a gen, posted that he had tried on several black dialed 16613's and that the insert did indeed come in two variations. One, the more 'brassy' one, and another a spot on match to the 18K gold. That put my mind to ease, but when 'By-Tor' soon bought a similar replica, his featured an exact color match to the rest of the gold of the watch. I was torn over which I preferred. I see here your watch features a contrasting insert font hue to the noble metal as my rep had.

Is it true? Are there the two types? If so, when you swapped inserts were you given an option? I've been curious over this matter for years. Too trivial to raise in general discussion, but since you posted this watch..............

From my archive dated '05. lol this pic stirs very old RWG memories. Getting a PM from a very enthusiastic Noob with an animated Rush gif avatar :lol:

16613-1.jpg

Stephane, it's a shame you can't get this kind of service in Benelux. Here's an idea... the next time you're in town, bring a few of your gens that you'd like factory service done to B)

I will at least bring my Sub 16610 from 1999 which is my keeper of course.

I want it with a service like the 5th avenue one...

My16600_800_71.jpg