When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Check this out...

JoJo35

These are the types of deals that are so scary. Some poor sap is going to pay 2500+ for a fake Rolex with a bunch of crap boxes,etc. but none of the relevent stuff like the swimpruf w/bar code, or the warranty card or the guarantee papers or an invoice from the selling AD are present. The average Ebay buyer has no idea that you can buy that box set for around 70-100 dollars on Ebay and Wala! you have a "legitimate genuine Rolex w/ box and "papers"

This is just what those guys over on TZ UK were talking about in their lengthy thread about Fakes.

Another unfortunate thing is Ebay hardly ever takes these auctions down unless a hundred people email in that it's a fake, or someone from Rolex spies it and one of their lawyers gives ebay a call. Also since Ebay went to the "concealed " bidder ID's it's impossible to email a bidder and warn them off a fake.

Arthur

The watch in the (terrible) pictures looks genuine.

BT, you know how much I respect your eagle eye, but come on...

The guy pretends to have paid 1.200$ for a fake bracelet and box it into a Rolex Service Box, doesn't show any certificate of the service, nor papers...

It's obvious that there is something wrong in my humble opinion.

And, you may be right that the watch head is genuine, but I doubt considering what is shown that screams fake (engraving) in these very very wweird photos.

@Stephane - I believe BT was referring to the watch that jmarin posted a link to.

Oh my god.

Of course, sorry for the confusion.

By the way, here is the guy's reply:

IF U NOW A LITER BE A BUT ROLEX U HAVE TO NOW SOME SPECIAL DETAIL FOR CHECK IT IS REAL OR NOT

BUT U NOW NOTHING ABOUT ROLEX SORRY U GOT LEARN FIRTS

- admobilcar05

Oh my god.

Of course, sorry for the confusion.

By the way, here is the guy's reply:

IF U NOW A LITER BE A BUT ROLEX U HAVE TO NOW SOME SPECIAL DETAIL FOR CHECK IT IS REAL OR NOT

BUT U NOW NOTHING ABOUT ROLEX SORRY U GOT LEARN FIRTS

- admobilcar05

Wow! That's classic! I guess you better start studying a little harder Stephane. Apparently you know nothing about Rolex! :rofl:

I agree w/ By-Tor, the watch jmarin posted looks gen to me- even looks like a Swiss- T<25 dial. To bad he didn't start the bidding at $2500- he might have gotten somewhere- bet it doesn't sell at $3K.

The first guy's a scammer!

Edited by alligoat