When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine 2000m watch,Interest question

FxrAndy

Is it worth full production  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should i make it

Would people be interested in a genuine 2000m WR dive/ military application watch with

German production and QC

Swiss ETA movement

Sapphire 4.5mm thick

blinding lume

Single sided AR (inside)

Bracelet with dive extention

weight 260 gm with bracelet

I don't even think Nanug could destroy this beast

all the good things we look for

with a guarantee

limited edition could be branded (Not RWG, T dont worry) could be sterile

DSCF0619cropped.jpg

And priced not too much over the price of a super rep, my aim is below €500

more pics at post 33

Sounds very interesting... :g:

.... Obviously price will be a major factor. The only thing I'd query is the validity/necessity of 2000m W/R (in ANY watch), there aren't that many deep sea divers that would need a watch that could go to those sort of depths, (the deepest I've been is 40m !!). To me, it's as much of a "gimmick" as a 12MP digital camera - any difference in picture quality above about 3MP is virtually undetectable by the human eye (unless you want to project your photos onto the side of a building !!).

Don't get me wrong, I am definately a fan of chunky divers' watches (love the DSSD and the Oris Carlos Coste). Pics would swing it. :good:

Well i see you point of who wood use the 2000m, i tend to use the depth rating of how strong the overall watch is, how indestructible, I had originally envisaged a watch for the military that would be as indestructible as possible. I balked at the costs of producing this before but the more i think about it the more i want to do it.

BTW this would be the rough size of a deapSea

It sounds interesting, love the divers look but pics would be needed. Maybe even a rough sketch in plan and section with dimensions would give a better answer :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm a visual kind of guy...... post some pics so we can see what were looking at! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Price sounds good.

P.S. How's the regulateur coming along?

The only visualizations are branded (my brand no one elses) i may sanitize one.

The regulator is going to be the wifes Christmas presssy, I will make MK 2 in the new year

I'd be interested as long as it's 44mm+ I need a toolwatch that's actually proven waterproof. I'd actually buy 2 or more because I have many around me that could use something like this. A bespoke watch that's not available for the mainstream. Like the idea :) Pictures please...

I would be seriously interested .... either sterile or branded would be fine and I am open to anything up to 44mm with out the crown ... There are many off the beaten path case, bezel, crown styles that you could go for. I agree with the idea of a thick mesh bracelet too. Would give it a distinct look. The price will be a big factor in my deciding. I have purchased two WM9 projects: a YM and waiting for a TT Sub so if you are near that range I am good. Cheers and Kudos for tackling this project .. I wish you well with it.

I would possibly be interested. Putting up some conceptual drawings would be a great help. I've gotten a few watches from some of the smaller watchmakers like MKII and Ocean7. They are selling at a price point just a little above really good reps, but with very good QC and of course a warranty that allows you to send it back for repairs with very little hassle. No reason you couldn't do the same thing.

Arthur

Well i see you point of who wood use the 2000m, i tend to use the depth rating of how strong the overall watch is, how indestructible, I had originally envisaged a watch for the military that would be as indestructible as possible. I balked at the costs of producing this before but the more i think about it the more i want to do it.

BTW this would be the rough size of a deapSea

I agree with your WR statements. I dont go more then about ten feet under water In the pool. But I also think that a high WR rating says a lot about the overall construction of the timepiece. If a watch can Indeed go for example (200m) then It would have to be resonably well built. not as a rule but more times then not Imho. :) Mike