When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can You Drink Beer At Work?

jraines87

Just wondering if any of you are allowed to drink beer at work? I know to some this may seem like a stupid question, but we're allowed to drink beer here at the office provided we don't get really hammered.....

Also, from my contacts in NYC it seems it's a requirement to drink a few "Drinks" at lunch :lol:

We are not allowed to drink at work because we operate machinery that is potentially dangerous - but smokin dope aint no big deal!!

I pretty much sit on my ass all day, so there is no worry about getting hurt.... I guess I could possibly pull a muscle while typing, but I doubt it :lol:

Back in the 70s I spent a summer working in a factory in Bavaria. Half the slots in the soda machine were dedicated to beer. It wasn't uncommon for a lot of these guys to have their first beer of the day even before the 10:00 break. They grew up in Bavaria and were used to it.

Not me. When I tried it I couldn't even point the screw gun straight. When I tried having one with lunch, I was yearning for naptime the whole afternoon.

Still, I kind of liked the idea that the beer man came around to the house each week to drop off a fresh case or two of beer, and to haul away the empty bottles. Who needs milk?

Back in the 70s I spent a summer working in a factory in Bavaria. Half the slots in the soda machine were dedicated to beer. It wasn't uncommon for a lot of these guys to have their first beer of the day even before the 10:00 break. They grew up in Bavaria and were used to it.

Not me. When I tried it I couldn't even point the screw gun straight. When I tried having one with lunch, I was yearning for naptime the whole afternoon.

Still, I kind of liked the idea that the beer man came around to the house each week to drop off a fresh case or two of beer, and to haul away the empty bottles. Who needs milk?

that hasn't changed much there, even when I spent my time in the German Army we were allowed to have a cold one for lunch - only when I was stationed in Bavaria though :thumbsupsmileyanim: other states in Germany don't allow that. Bavaria rules :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As TTK said: "No problem in my office...." Okay, so I'll rub it in, I have a killer bar in my offices. Two-Tone got a noon-time Grey Goose and cranberry when he visited while I toasted with a martini. Then I had to get back to work after he left, normal day. :yeah:

As TTK said: "No problem in my office...." Okay, so I'll rub it in, I have a killer bar in my offices. Two-Tone got a noon-time Grey Goose and cranberry when he visited while I toasted with a martini. Then I had to get back to work after he left, normal day. :yeah:

I own the company, so i can drink whenever the hell i want!!! I am drinking right now!!

The boss and I usually have a bottle of red between us on a Friday afternoon, or a few beers.

Sometimes other afternoons if the mood strikes.

But if we fall down, at least we work in a hospital lol.

And the "reds" are usually supplied by happy clients as a bottle is our "currency" for a rush/urgent job.

("And he works in a hospital?" you are thinking to yourself. Just what does he do there?)

We have a monthly lunch with others in our profession (usually a table of 6) which lasts for around 2 to 3hrs.

I am in Australia...so maybe that explains it !

Sad to hear about Steve Irwin, didn't like his work (most Australians don't) but so sad for his family.

Also, alcohol consumption keeps stingrays away....it must....have never seen one in the hospital!