When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some Words From A Slightly Frustrated Admin...

Admin

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If members could simply anonymously (and just once) access the survey and hit the choice-buttons, we might get an idea of what's possible and what's not.

As long as you can understand that a survey will make people answer what they think they should answer.

The American burger restaurant Wendy's added a fresh-fruit bowl to its menu; at the end of last year, the company quietly killed it, blaming a lack of demand. "We listened to consumers who said they wanted to eat fresh fruit," a disarmingly honest spokesman told the New York Times, "but apparently they lied."

As long as you can understand that a survey will make people answer what they think they should answer.

Unfortunately not always the case as some cheap gets have said no in the survey, or $15, so basically JUST over $1 a month for all of the information contained within this forum.

Personally having put what I consider to be a reasonable amount of time and effort into Some of my contributions, and KNOWING the time and effort that much more frequent posters than myself put into some of their contributions and the fantastic contributions made by what I would say is a senior membership. I think that this showing is absolutely PATHETIC.

Ans that is not even remotely taking into acount the amount of money YOU ALL save EVERYTIME you buy a watch, and all of the tremendous amounts of time the Admin and Mods put into running this place.

The fact that Thoma is shelling out to keep this place afloat is outrageous.

Personally, I call for a VIP area such as happens at TRC and RWI, and until the situation changes where more than 8% of you stingy bastards gets the cobwebs off your wallet, then I will not be posting anything like the pinned posts I have done in the past, and would love to see some others do the same.

This may seem detrimental to the theory of ths community if all of the members who take time and effort to make informative posts, withold that info until we can support ourselves, but drastic time call for drastic measures.

If I am the only one doing this then most of you wont give a [censored] and that's fair, cos who am i? I'm just another member, but at least I amn't a free loading pathetic excuse for a human being.

I know what you mean: the most 'honest' responses are going to be those who say it should be free but even factoring in for people who commit to a price-point it should still reveal a median view of what people are willing to contribute.

Providing we get enough responses - and I think we will.

Cripes, what if you give a poll and nobody shows up......

Maybe RWG should become a fast-food forum?

Personally, I call for a VIP area such as happens at TRC and RWI, and until the situation changes where more than 8% of you stingy bastards gets the cobwebs off your wallet, then I will not be posting anything like the pinned posts I have done in the past, and would love to see some others do the same.

If there's a VIP area, I'll post articles and pictorials there a few days before they hit the regular board. I like it.

Imagine, I finally finish my IWC article or the next photo-howto and post it to RWI-VIP and RWG-VIP and the supporters get to read it and comment, helping to make it better and then, a week later, it gets moved to the apropriate section. On something more minor, like the latest pics and a review of a watch, this can be posted a day or two before its moved.

I'm willing to support a VIP area like this.

I think that is a great idea. I have some things in the pipeline that I would be more than happy to share in a VIP area, and then later in the main forum.

If we have special runs on parts and things like that, then they can be posted in the VIP first to give those who are sustaining this place, a first option.

This may seem elitest to some of you, but just think, we aren't being secretive about it if you wanna be in on the special deals or first to see new info, then just stump up the LITTLE amount of cash that will help support the forum.

Say we have specials for VIP's, like happens at some of the other forums, and say the VIP's have a touch more input as to whats happening, or are notified first about things that are happening then that should be enough insentive for more people to pay up, not that they should need any more incentives.

Say we have specials for VIP's, like happens at some of the other forums, and say the VIP's have a touch more input as to whats happening, or are notified first about things that are happening then that should be enough insentive for more people to pay up, not that they should need any more incentives.

Yes, make being a VIP more than a banner under your Avatar. Add value. People will pay if they know they're getting something.

I'd pay for that! A VIP-section with just a few goodies. I love feeling special, it makes me flutter my wallet around like a sailor ashore.. Which I basically am.

Don't get this wrong:

But this reminds me a bit of a brothel (That's a whorehouse) I once didn't visit.. If you paid extra you got to go to the 2nd floor where the GOOD girls were, and you got free drinks, and a lot of attention from the staff.

They did that because they KNEW you where serious about being there, that you would contribute by spending quite a bit of money and having a good time with the other members there. (no pun intended)

BTW: Since I am at sea 6 months of the year, can I have an "offshore-deal" like I have at my gym? ;)

just kidding

I know that a VIP section is not a perfect alternative and I look forward to seeing what the mods and admin come up with, as they have always done well by us in the past.

The key to the VIP area idea is keeping it fresh, with specials and inticements for being there, with input or with the exceptionally informative posts or group buy's or whatever, anything every now and again to pique the intrest of the members.

How about paid up member automatically get entered into a monthly prize draw...? Wouldn't have to be something ridiculously expensive but as they say you have to spend money to make money! In fact, and this may be well out of line, don't we have 12 dealers? Would we ever consider asking them to each stump up 1 watch a year providing for 12 monthly prize draws a year? These are just ideas off the top of my head so dealers, please don't flame me... I'm aware that you all pay your dues as it is. But think about it, it would certainly entice people to upgrade their memberships, which would help keep this place running, and it would provide you with the opportunity to have the spotlight once a year to showcase your products...

just my $0.02

That poll lost me after the first question.

Didn't complete it.

Doesn't make sense to me. :-(

(But so little does, these days....)

I know you're the boss around here, Admin, but I have to say that I think that Ken's poll was the way to go.

Addendum:

I just tried again, with the same results. There seems to be a big disconnect between question 4 (should there be a discount for annual or semi-annual memberships?) and 6 (if you answered 'no' to 4 then 'you don't agree in supporting the forum' or something like that). Maybe I just don't know how to read anymore.

It's possible.....

Addendum to Addendum:

Ok, I confess to being an idiot. Question 6 relates to question 1 and not question 4 (as clearly explained).

The trouble is that I barely got any sleep last night.

The trouble is that it's probably a very well-designed and clever poll, but I always resent it when I actually have to think.

Sorry Admin.

Well, for now, I have created this small servey. All the answers are anonymous, and it's on another server so that you can be sure that there are no "strings attached" to your member name, etc;

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey....fehvffl0p219642

done.

That poll lost me after the first question.

Didn't complete it.

Doesn't make sense to me. :-(

(But so little does, these days....)

I know you're the boss around here, Thomas, but I have to say that I think that Ken's poll was the way to go.

Addendum:

I just tried again, with the same results. There seems to be a big disconnect between question 4 (should there be a discount for annual or semi-annual memberships?) and 6 (if you answered 'no' to 4 then 'you don't agree in supporting the forum' or something like that). Maybe I just don't know how to read anymore.

It's possible.....

Addendum to Addendum:

Ok, I confess to being an idiot. Question 6 relates to question 1 and not question 4 (as clearly explained).

The trouble is that I barely got any sleep last night.

The trouble is that it's probably a very well-designed and clever poll, but I always resent it when I actually have to think.

Sorry Thomas.

No need to apologize. And I'm not so sure it's a good and logical survey. it was just something I created in a couple of minutes to get the general "feel" for a couple of questions.

@thank you too all of you who have taken the survey. Many of the members have offere their thoughts and ideas on how to improve RWG. I'm actually surprised how effective this was and don't understand why I haven't performed a suvery before :blink:

I'm actually surprised how effective this was and don't understand why I haven't performed a suvery before :blink:

Not everyone can perform a suvery. It's a very difficult manoevre. Anatoli Crapitoff attempted it in the 1968 Olympics and ended up in traction for 3 long years. It takes a lot of skill, dedication and suppleness and in your tender years Admin........I would dismiss the idea altogether! ;)

JTB

Not everyone can perform a suvery. It's a very difficult manoevre. Anatoli Crapitoff attempted it in the 1968 Olympics and ended up in traction for 3 long years. It takes a lot of skill, dedication and suppleness and in your tender years Thomas........I would dismiss the idea altogether! ;)

JTB

Indeed :p