When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Prayers For rbj69

Bill Vest

I am asking for prayer and good thoughts and wishes for one of the Rep Community's most esteemed members, rbj69.

For those who do not know, rbj69 is Red Big Joe, or just Joe. Prior to his sabbatical awhile back, Joe was the premier watch mod person of the boards and Rep world. His work was/is nothing short of spectacular, and his knowledge of watches is second to none.

I am sad to report that Joe was recently diagnosed with cancer of the throat. Joe had cancer of the lymph nodes about 20 years ago, and I know that it was a matter of pride for him that he was a survivor. I know that he derived strength and motivation from it, when he suffered other health problems. He always said that if cancer couldn't get him, whatever bad he was going through wasn't either. And knowing Joe like I do, this won't get him down either.

I am asking everyone to keep Joe in your thoughts and prayers, now and in the future, as he goes through this time in is life. Please also keep his wife and two young children in your hearts as well. If you think about it, drop him a line and let him know that we're all thinking about him, wishing him all the best, and praying for his speedy recovery.

one of the Rep Community's most esteemed members, rbj69.

For those who do not know, rbj69 is Red Big Joe, or just Joe. Prior to his sabbatical awhile back, Joe was the premier watch mod person of the boards and Rep world. His work was/is nothing short of spectacular, and his knowledge of watches is second to none.

Obviously I wish him well for a complete recovery....but for the record rbj is one of the rep community's more notorious members rather than esteemed.

He is banned on RWG and has been for many years.

My prayers a thoughts are with Joe right now.

I think i can feel a little what he is feeling at the moment since they discovered cancer in my kindney and in my left legg 2 years ago.

Joe you showed that you are a survivor and you will manage it this time also.

Keep good faith in your self and in the medical care.

Hang in there.

Carpe Diem

Cats

At the risk of seeming callous I would remind people that there is no point in posting get well notes for Joe here as he has not been here for years. We wish nothing but a speedy recovery for any human being but you would be better served posting your best wishes either via his email or on a forum where he currently participates.

As a Christian man and a Rep collector, I posted this out of respect for the man and what he and his family are currently going through. God hears the prayers of many, and I just figured that the man and his family could use all the help and support they can get.

I am very well aware of what RBJ's status is on the boards, as I have had my own personal dealings with the man. However, I put things aside long ago. And, despite what the past holds, I do not wish ill will upon anyone.

If I offended anyone, that was not my intention; my intentions were entirely honorable. All I was trying to do was bring to light, despite what was in the past, what was happening to a man who was once a part of our community, and to those who may have known him.

Nothing wrong with your post Bill. I think we all wish him and his family the best during this difficult time.

At then end of the day, we are watch enthusiasts but also human beings and nobody should have to go through what he is probably experiencing.

joe is a scum bag and a liar.

He makes excuses every few years for stealing people's watches, until i see the mri or ct, i'll assume this is another one of his lies. you can't trust anything that tcomes out of his mouth - cry wolf lesson?

he needs to go away permanently, don't feel sorry for this liar. he's probably fine. he's lazy and greedy and shady and doesn't know [censored] about fixing waTCHES.

joe is a scum bag and a liar.

He makes excuses every few years for stealing people's watches, until i see the mri or ct, i'll assume this is another one of his lies. you can't trust anything that tcomes out of his mouth - cry wolf lesson?

he needs to go away permanently, don't feel sorry for this liar. he's probably fine. he's lazy and greedy and shady and doesn't know [censored] about fixing waTCHES.

This is truly disgusting. A man is sick with cancer and you write something like this...I don't care what he did on this forum...the guy isn't hitler or someone who killed people...jeez...

As I said...I bought plenty from RBJ and he was always a stand up guy.

Disgusting post.

@Pho

Are you kidding me?

With everything you've been through over the last two years...

All the pleas and begging...

And you have the audacity to write something like this...

I think that this post of yours along with the other bullshit you're stirring up in other areas of the forum right now we're going to make your decision to find a new home a little easier...

Say Goodnight Gracie...

TT

I'll remember to have a word in my own prayers tonight for Joe. 2009 has been a terrible year for me and my family, with my wife being diagnosed with stage 2b cervical cancer. I'm not too ashamed to admit that I had more than a few words with the big man upstairs and took great strength that many of my friends also mentioned us in their prayers. She is making great progress and I truly wish the same for Joe.

Pho - If you can't say something nice.......................... Just say [censored] all.

2009 has been a test of Faith no doubt about that..

members on this board have been through much turmoil, health wise.. and their Faith put to task..

God willing we will see everyone return to good health.. My thought's are with all that have been asked to have faith..

Indeed anyone from our broad community deserves our thoughts and prayers in times of ill health and so I too wish Joe a full and speedy recovery.

@ chiefwiggum I am truly saddened to hear the news of your wife, I am glad she is making progress and will pray she continues to improve.

Ken

@chiefwiggum.

It's a blow in the face when cancer comes into your life.

Sometimes it's even worse for the partner who has the feeling that he or she's not able to help.

Being able to give a shoulder to cry on and a positive attitude to fight for life is so important

and gives a huge support.

Good to hear that your wife is recovering and getting better step by step.

Always stay positive and believe in a full recovery.

Carpe Diem

Cats