When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 picture thread

tonyp1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the cultural significance and the rarity of the exotics, but on pure aesthetics I find the standard dials hugely appealing.

And if anyone is worried about pulling off what looks to be ~$20-30,000 watch, don't be. These wear fairly anonymously on the wrist (an $80 SOSF will get more attention), though that doesn't make them any less gorgeous. Now I just wish I had a black panda as nice as the one on Freddy's Honpo!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The funny thing is that almost NO ONE buys the red Newman dials. Saving them for last, maybe?

I've been searching for an OEM tan ostrich for a year. Last month, I finally found one and snagged it (plus a genuine buckle!) for a good price:

i-mbsRkG4-X3.jpg

i-X9pkP8r-X3.jpg

The funny thing is that almost NO ONE buys the red Newman dials. Saving them for last, maybe?

I've been searching for an OEM tan ostrich for a year. Last month, I finally found one and snagged it (plus a genuine buckle!) for a good price:

i-mbsRkG4-X3.jpg

i-X9pkP8r-X3.jpg

May I ask how it attaches to the watch? There seems to be an ongoing debate on how a leather strap would hook to the Daytona.

Maybe close up shot or explanation?

Thanks a lot. That watch is awesome.

May I ask how it attaches to the watch? There seems to be an ongoing debate on how a leather strap would hook to the Daytona.

I'm not sure what's to debate. It's just a 19mm springbar:

i-qBQkR3B-M.jpgi-KrGPCnk-M.jpg

I think you may be thinking about a discussion on the "endlinks" found on newer, automatic, Daytonas with leather straps. These links are held in place by the bezel. The strap itself is still attached with a springbar.

I'm not sure what's to debate. It's just a 19mm springbar:

i-qBQkR3B-M.jpgi-KrGPCnk-M.jpg

I think you may be thinking about a discussion on the "endlinks" found on newer, automatic, Daytonas with leather straps. These links are held in place by the bezel. The strap itself is still attached with a springbar.

Thanks. You are right. I thought the issue was the same with the vintage Daytonas as well.

Will start shopping for the leather strap!