When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I got called out for wearing a rep...

bjl3910

I was at a local pub for happy hour today with a few people from the office. One guy, a real jerk, decided that he was going to show out in front of some women. He decided to call me out for wearing a rep. I mean the guy really tried to make me look like an A$$. I listened to him for a few minutes with a smile on my face. He went on about his Tag, and how people who wore reps were sad and that he worked so hard and saved up to buy his watch the

Yeah, he walked right into it. I was just shocked he would do that to me in public... in front of women!!! Oh well. You can buy watches, but you can't buy class.

Where i live, woman probably wear more rep's then man. They are bags, not watches though. Have yet to see a gen LV bag around here... Im pretty sure they probably don't care, as long as it looks good.

Curious, how did he know the 111h you were wearing was a rep? Does he actually know the brand, or did you tell him previously?

He probably told the guy earlier. Because if the guy lives by the freeway, can't pay his car and tries to humiliate his partner(I assume) in front of women, trying to make him self look good. Then he probably doesn't know much about watches or reps either. Just my thought. :)

Curious, how did he know the 111h you were wearing was a rep? Does he actually know the brand, or did you tell him previously?

That was my thought as well! People often act in that manner because they are in fact depressed about their personal situation and feel it's necessary to shine a negative light on others to deflect their not so great situation. Had to be done though!

\

I had told him about the rep a few months earlier when I first got it. Back then he liked it. He was blown away by how good a copy it was...even though as many of you suspected, he did not know the brand. He's clueless. He knows that Tigerr Woods wears a Tag, so he should too. Pathetic guy if you ask me!!!

Damn Thought I was finally going to read the first story where someone was called out on a rep. All I got was a tool story. Good response man. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I had to read your reply twice, for a second I thought you were calling me a tool. Yeah the guy really sucks. I was telling my friend Mike about it tonight...yeah the guy wears a Tag...and now he drives an Oldsmobile Delta 88. Nice car man. :-)

I was at a local pub for happy hour today with a few people from the office. One guy, a real jerk, decided that he was going to show out in front of some women. He decided to call me out for wearing a rep. I mean the guy really tried to make me look like an A$$. I listened to him for a few minutes with a smile on my face. He went on about his Tag, and how people who wore reps were sad and that he worked so hard and saved up to buy his watch the

Lol The funny thing is that many modded reps sold on this board will trade for higher value than a used quartz Tag. A top end quartz Link or f-1 chrono had be had for under $400 used, non-chrono models and SEL models can be had for $200 or under, compared to frankens that sell here for upwards $2k.