When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My latest raffleprize;)

NORing

Posted this on RWI and for now edited here for the ones of you that only play one field.

I finally got a package in the mail, today. Christmas shipping has been slower than usual this year and this one kept me standing by the mailbox every day at 11 am.

(Edit; as a Norwegian I was afraid this would kick my wallet with taxes in this bankrupt month of January. No fees or taxes at all :thumbsupsmileyanim: )

Now to the watch; I was especially eager to get my hands on this one. A white dial 45.5mm Planet Ocean. I have the rep (won here at RWG) and had been saving up for som gen parts for it to be bought in January. I absolutely love how versatile the watch is and how much it changes in apparence when changing strap. It's a sporty gentlemans watch. No wonder James Bond wear one.

The differences between rep and gen are more complex than I'd remember it from the AD. The overall feel of the rep is great, but the small details on the gen are miles ahead. Apart from the obvious (dial, hands, lume, etc. all interchangeble on rep) the crown is smoother to wind, textures and metalworks are a lot finer than on the rep. It's truly a watch worth owning.

The watch came safely in a outer box filled with plastic airpockets. Original outer Omega box, then the red Omega leather box. Manual and all papers and certificates of course with matching numbers.

Here are som quick and dirty pics without lightbox.

IMGP1192640x480.jpg

IMGP1193640x480.jpg

IMGP1195640x480.jpg

IMGP1196640x480.jpg

IMGP1202640x480.jpg

IMGP1207640x480.jpg

IMGP1209640x480.jpg

IMGP1210640x480.jpg

IMGP1212640x480.jpg

IMGP1213640x480.jpg

IMGP1216640x480.jpg

Quick lumeshoot from my dark bathroom

IMGP1234640x480.jpg

Out the window in an apropriate setting for a toolwatch

IMGP1230640x480.jpg

Haha Wimpie,

I'm going to make the rep as close to the original as possible. Now I have a reference. It was a $$ raffle, but I ended up paying 10% of original PO costs if I count in all the raffle money I've used these last 3 years. As for winning, I've won 4 and still counting ;)

Man I hope you are buying lottery tickets with that kind of luck!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

All those guys who joined those raffles are PRAYING that he moves onto lottery tickets.

Congratulations, NORing! When you increased your Luck, did you have to reduce your Willpower or your Dexterity?

@Lani: Haha, heldiggris is what we use in Norway (direct transelation: Lucky Pig!) But yes I've been lucky, maybe 2010 will bring me troubles....:(

@LHOOQ: Despite increased Magic no other skills have felt any deterioration. I have however been struggling with healing powers after the mountain of food and alcohol that was consumed during the hollidays;)

@Everyone: Thank you for kind words. This will be a keeper;)

NORing