When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I smell a ploprof rep coming...

marsupilami

Holly Mother of God!!! Are you seriuos lani??? There's going to be a rep of the Omega Ploprof??? And here I thought I was going to either sell a kidney or just be content with my Ocean 7 LM7. Woohoo!!! I'm so going to be in on this one. Can't wait to see your review lani! Cheers!

The real backstory here, Lani, is that once you have that PloProf, you won't need the Ubiflake any more.

:whistling:

:lol:

it's being fitted with a gen 2784 Tudor movement.. and a crystal ring for the gen bezel.. so all that is needed is a gen case..Ubi jokes with me about that.. but who knows.. 8)

I thought the Ploprof was common knowledge. the gen was secured some time ago for dissection..

fo Real!!!!

I thought you all caught it in another thread that I posted in ??

but yuppers.. just waiting .. camera standing by.. 2010 is certainly making up for 2009 delay's :thumbsupsmileyanim:

but you know how the rep game goes.. nothing is written in stone.. but hopefully very, very soon..

Oh my goodness, this will be brilliant! Its the first ive heard of a Ploprof rep, still dont believe it :g: Havnt seen your other thread either Lani, will need to go look for it now and do some reading.

Look forward to your pics and expert review. Thanks brother. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I don't know boss,the old Ploprof's are going for around 5.5-6.5k and a few are languishing on the genuine forums for a long time before they are pulled or sold. I saw one on WUS sales forum a month or so back that had an amazing provenence. Watch was given to a scientist,Here's the story:

This is a one-owner, Type III-dialed Seamaster 600 from appx 1972.

The watch was originally purchased as a gift for a marine biologist with the Office of Naval Research (NOAA).

At the time that the watch was purchased (1972), he was just retiring as the Assistant Secretary for Science of the Smithsonian Institution.

This watch was worn daily up until the time of his death, in March of 1985. It was then retired to a drawer never to see the light of day again until late 2007 when I purchased it from his son.

Watch is in incredible condition, and the seller was looking to get 5900.00 USD, and it didn't sell.

Also saw an almost new 1200m "new style" on WUS for sale at 5975.00 USD, so the prices are pretty much the same. It would just depend on whether or not the rep manufacturers thought they could sell anough of the vintage to make money.

One thing, the ploprof in either variety is a special sort of watch. It certanly wouldn't appeal to everyone. I have an Ocean7 LM-7 Ploprof, and it's a massive hunk of stainless! I would think that these would be pretty limited appeal watches.

• 5 weeks later...

Good call, MOP. I can already see Bond hashing it out with a killer Great White (mesh bracelet and all), after which he adjusts his Valentino tie 100 feet underwater.

Na to big and brash for bond but can imagine the gadgets Q could build into a case this size.