When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Name This Famous Person Thread!

gran

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit, JTB, that is annoying.. I know I have seen his likeness somewhere before.. In a book somewhere... I want to say it has something to do with the napoleonic wars, but I am not sure..

Give us a hint!

Nothing to do with wars Everythingape........you're on the wrong road there.

And might I suggest that this one needs to be solved before ahchards!!!

JTB

Gutted, I was SOOOOO close, but jees-oh there are FAR to many Scottish Inventors, has anyone else ever invented anything? We are the muts nuts when it comes to invetions/discoveries, oh and engineering lol.

Let us not forget Whiskey, there is a reason why the yanks call it Scotch lol.

*Safe for work* ;)

Allow me to carry your thread on, Gunnar.

What is the name of the artistè, and what is the name of this painting?

One of my favourite paintings, which I myself have copied in watercolours. :)

113963-23241.jpg

I am not really familiar with the work, but i think the artist may be eylind earle

Sorry eddhead, not eylind earle..

This might not be a typical painting for this artist, I have seen avatars in RWG with bits of his paintings in though ;)

PS: If anyone here knows people who can replicate paintings like this REALLY good, I am very interested.

@ETA:

It's a Dali.

As for the title, all I can say is that it's not the Mona Lisa. HEHE!

YES, it's a Dalì, I thought people would get that quite fast.. The painting is not one of his most famous, but beautiful none the less.

It's called "Knights of Death"

YES, it's a Dalì, I thought people would get that quite fast.. The painting is not one of his most famous, but beautiful none the less.

It's called "Knights of Death"

It's obviously Dali (you can tell by the horse), but I have been avoiding this thread at work in case Gran posts more non-safe images. :blink:

Anyway, here's a painting it's unlikely you'll guess unless you know it or the genre. Artist and title, please. Ignore the watch. :D

114316-23160.jpg

It's obviously Dali (you can tell by the horse), but I have been avoiding this thread at work in case Gran posts more non-safe images. :blink:

Anyway, here's a painting it's unlikely you'll guess unless you know it or the genre. Artist and title, please. Ignore the watch. :D

114394-23141.jpg

This looks like some Rodney Matthews-stuff.. Though he does not paint creatures quite so ghoulish..