When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken Rolex DateJust

redwatch

So, many months ago I announced that I had gotten engaged and that for my wedding I would like to get a nice, simple Rolex DateJust. I was pretty clear that I wanted a simple white or silver dial with stick markers in SS with a Jubilee bracelet. Well, shortly after having made that post, Wheaton26 posted that he had sent me a PM. I checked, and there was a PM with a beautiful Franken DateJust for sale. He had just finished it and had decided that it wasn't quite him.

I thought about it for a while, and then passed on it. :doh:

Well, about a month later, after searching and searching for the right DJ, I pm'd Wheaton again and turns out the DJ was still available. I made arrangements with him and the watch arrived safe and sound this morning! Needless to say it is a stunning looking Franken!

Here's what was done to it. All work was done by Stilty.

Gen Dial

Gen Crown & Tube

Gen Case & Case Back

Gen Bezel

Gen Jubilee Bracelet & Clasp

Gen Date Wheel

Gen ETA 2982-a2 Movement

Rep Hands

After Market Crystal

Also got a gen case, tags & pamphlets for it too with outer box! Only thing missing is a matching serial number card for the case :D

Anyways, on to the pics:

DSC_0896.jpg

DSC_0902.jpg

DSC_0905.jpg

DSC_0906.jpg

DSC_0907.jpg

DSC_0908.jpg

DSC_0909.jpg

DSC_0912.jpg

DSC_0913.jpg

DSC_0914.jpg

DSC_0915.jpg

And the wristi:

DSC_0917.jpg

Thanks for looking! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It seems that the older a Jubilee bracelet gets, the more it stretches out and the more comfortable it becomes. I know it sounds strange but it is true. I have owned several older Datejust watches each on older Jubilee bracelets and have found them to be my most comfortable watches to wear. I wish you much enjoyment wearing yours. It really is a first class Franken. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Wow, that is a brilliant watch mate!

Congrats to you.

Wear it in good health !

Cheers

Stephane

Thanks Stephane! You know, my desire for a DateJust is all your fault! :D Thanks for the great pics and wrist shots!

@Ubi - yes, it's total :wub:

@HackR - thanks my friend!

So I removed the bracelet and endlinks and found the case was for a 16200 with an 'E' serial number putting this around 1990. Love it! :wub:

Does anyone have any scans of the serial number card for this model? To complete my set, I would love to make a serial number card with the matching serial (and no, I have no intention of ever selling this off as a gen or anything like that - just want to complete the package)

Here's a quick pic of my pair of Frankenjusts- 16013 on the left and 16014 on the right.

These have the 2836-2 movt, gen dials, crowns and cases, rep bracelets.

P1000247-1.jpg

Frankenjusts are the only way to go, but it's getting hard to find the cases these days- used to be you could buy the case complete with dial from roling on ebay for a couple of hundred dollars- haven't seen that in 2-3 years.

Here's a quick pic of my pair of Frankenjusts- 16013 on the left and 16014 on the right.

These have the 2836-2 movt, gen dials, crowns and cases, rep bracelets.

P1000247-1.jpg

Frankenjusts are the only way to go, but it's getting hard to find the cases these days- used to be you could buy the case complete with dial from roling on ebay for a couple of hundred dollars- haven't seen that in 2-3 years.

Your taste is impeccable!:thumbsupsmileyanim:

DSCN3091.jpg

Red That is a lovely job mate. I dont know about Franken mate thats a Super Franken mate.

Did you put as much effort into your wedding?! :D