When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interesting Discussion in Gen forum

Utheman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest techlogik

The first line is classic "There is an influx of REALLY 'good' DeepSea fakes that have come into US from China, by the way of Cuba." ROFL...who the f&ck would need to go through Cuba to get a watch from China? These guys have no clue really.

Funny stuff.

I liked this post:

The latest real example:

An elderly lady brings it into an AD in Florida. Almost complete, just no warranty card. Says - 'my klutz husband must have lost it'. They make a cash offer and buy it from her. The AD, in turn, sells it to their good client who re-sells on ebay. These fakes are THAT GOOD.

What AD in their right mind would not open up the watch first? Hello? Wouldn't that be the first, and most obvious tell?? :doh:

Guest techlogik

My god, there is even a LASER ETCHED CROWN IN THE CRYSTAL!!11!1

Absolutely amazing...

LOL...

I actually went through every page quickly to see how they are identifying them. The use a V3 half the time for comparison, how silly. Then they finally get some Ultimate photos with wrong spacing at 10. Little do they know how we can put the correct bezel insert now on the ultimate and they would have a heck of a time identifying Gen from Rep. Whatever...ignorance is bliss.

Lots of wankers at TRF. Went there once... they have this "fake report" forum where they have a few "experts". The other "leading report guy" looks like a mix between Captain Kangaroo and Dame Edna and the other one is a classic Trekkie nerd who looks like he has never gotten laid in his entire life. Buying a gen Rolex was probably the most dramatic thing ever happened to him (after taking a bus to downtown all by himself, without his parents of course).

During my short visit there, they reported 2 perfectly legit vintage Subs to Ebay as fakes, because those watches supposedly had wrong looking "S" on the dial... or wrong looking "number 20" on the bezel, or whatever... Anyone with even remote knowledge in Rolex could have seen that both were 100% genuine Rolexes from good sellers (I happen to know the other seller). They are as clueless as it gets and their fake report forum is a joke. They have absolutely no clue what they're talking about and they think all rep wearers are filth.

Stay away. The real Rolex expertise is here.

lol at the panic on there.

:rofl: the panic and hysteria over there is quite entertaining to say the least!!! :D There was one guy who even mentioned that he was really worried about it. He said he really wanted to buy a DSSD, but had concerns now.

Edit: According to one member there, we are "scumbags" :D

I'm expecting to see a post like this in that thread next:

Once, a kangaroo hopping along the beach noticed something strange wash up on the shore. It was the severed arm of a man; on his wrist was a new Rolex Deep Sea and grasped in the hand of this solitary limb was the watch's Rolex box complete with everything except the warranty paper. The kangaroo hopped to his nearest AD and sold the watch for 3x retail, but little did the retailer know that this was a new wave of fake Deep Sea replicas! The dealer had no idea because there was a LASER ETCHED CROWN IN THE CRYSTAL!!

So, beware fellow gen Rolex forumers... There are some convincing fakes out there...

:)

Just wait till they hear people franken there "almost undetectable fakes" with gen parts. OMG what will they do then, surely they won't get any sleep for weeks worrying if they actually may have one of the super fakes :-)

Like someone just said, i find if funny that the genuine "experts" know less than the guys who claim not to be and just love watches, unbranded, fake, gen whatever.

I got some photos laser etched into a crystal block for my missus's birthday last year, omg black magic :-) hehe

My watchmaker has it right now, trying to determine the origin of the movement

Wait till they find these movements are hammered and forged by elves held captive in mordor, then the are smuggled into the USA via cuba

PS one part of the story above is more believable than the other

We shouldn't be shocked at all.

What did we expect when the USA sends almost all of the manufacturing jobs and technology to China.

It will only get worse.

Wow i had it wrong all this time, see i thought Rolex were made in europe somewhere? Shitinarand??

OMG! Please lets hope they don't find the elves or the Cuba connection! We'd be screwed then for sure :-D

Wait till they find these movements are hammered and forged by elves held captive in mordor, then the are smuggled into the USA via cuba

PS one part of the story above is more believable than the other

So my watch has been to cuba, lol. Sweet. I figured you could just order a watch and take your chance with customs came directly from some dealer.

It is almost like those silly people who say buy american and have a GM little do they know a toyota was more made in america then their GM. they just go off of what others have said and old thinking.

this thread is funny. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

There are a lot of ignorant people on TRF whose sky is falling daily 'cause of reps.

That being said a lot of them visit this forum as well. Last thing I saw from here over there was BKs NEW wm9v3, some guy was testing the response before he pulled the trigger on buying it, 80% thought it was gen.

And since BY-TOR takes such excellent photos they use his ALL the time :)

OMG! Please lets hope they don't find the elves or the Cuba connection! We'd be screwed then for sure :-D

Once they pin down Cuba as a base for the importation of fakes, it's only a matter of time before they find about MK-Ultra, and how all this connects to Lee Harvey Oswald, Jack Ruby, and Sam Giancana.

Im having a real good time reading about this biggrin.gif But its true! All the Rollie experts are right here. You will not find anyone more qualified than some guys here I think thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

And since BY-TOR takes such excellent photos they use his ALL the time :)

They do? :black_eye: I know the rep dealers used them a lot in Ioffer... I've seen my photos there many times.

Not that I really care though... but generally I'd like the rep and gen forums to keep a lot of distance. That kind of threads aren't good for either. And besides, they're bound to increase the interest for the reps, which probably isn't what the TRF owners want.

PS: There are good, knowledgeable members at TRF as well. But lots of annoying little snobs.

Now some asshole (KyleL) has posted my WM9 Sub v2 photo there. Thanks for that, whoever you are. :thumbdown:

I haven't read all 20 pages, but...

I noticed KyleL is up on his reps- DSSD, and the 3135 eta movt, he must frequent one (or all )of the rep forums. He definitely knows more than he lets on to.

It's unfortunate that someone (or a number of people) are trying to pass DSSD's as real, but these guys ought to know Rule No. 1 by now- open the friggin watch- who cares if you have to pay Rolex to reseal and test it, it beats buying a fake everyday in my book! Half these guys probably don't know what a real 3135 movement looks like either. And Rule No. 2 is know the seller! I can't believe an AD wouldn't check every used watch.