When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Non crown guards Submariner Brevet Crown 7922

marc jacobs

Very Nice!!

Funny, i had asked them if they had access to that rep about 6 months ago, as NDT was offering it on their site, at the time there was nothing available, i guess demand increased.

Curious to see the case back and know what movement you are using in it... 390? or and ETA?

Either way, very Nice rep!!! enjoy it.

Eddog

Love the case (especially the bezel insert), but, the dial, not so much.

On 2nd look, I wonder if the inner [censored] (rehaut) may be too deep? :g:

Freddy,

I agree on the dial, not very accurate, adn while the other gilt tudor dials that are available are not as accurate as the Rolex sub dials out on the market, they are generally closer than this one is.

re: the rehaut, If you compare it to the attached photo of a gen, I don't believe it's the depth that is off, i believe it's the angle of the rehaut that is not totally accurate.

What do you think?

Ed

post-729-126514831211_thumb.jpg

re: the rehaut, If you compare it to the attached photo of a gen, I don't believe it's the depth that is off, i believe it's the angle of the rehaut that is not totally accurate.

What do you think?

I think you are right - both are off - angle & depth. Either way, that flange is inaccurate enough to have caught my eye even with marginal pics. Yuki must be sourcing cases from different factories, because his 6536 case (at least the test piece I got from them) has a nearly perfect, right-angled & low profile inner flange.

Interesting. But this may be a franken. :g:

I have had mixed experiences with that seller. A couple items I got from them had obviously received some enhanced patination, which they swore ignorance about. ebay, at 1 point, even closed their account due to complaints. But they told me the issues were resolved (in their favor). They are probably legit, but I would still tread carefully when buying from them. The engravings on this 7928 caseback look a bit suspicious. I could be wrong though.

Interesting. But this may be a franken. :g:

I have had mixed experiences with that seller. A couple items I got from them had obviously received some enhanced patination, which they swore ignorance about. ebay, at 1 point, even closed their account due to complaints. But they told me the issues were resolved (in their favor). They are probably legit, but I would still tread carefully when buying from them. The engravings on this 7928 caseback look a bit suspicious. I could be wrong though.

I'm with you on that freddy, I've always questioned Jose and Sister. But I was looking at the 390 movement, which would be correct for an early Tudor. And I didn't look at the dial much, other than that it is similar- the rose below Tudor.

And what I liked about marc's 7922 is just the clean look of the dial and how great everything looked together. Granted it's too pristine and maybe not historically accurate, but it certainly makes for a fun piece- a great watch to wear around and see if you get any comments!

You mind telling me how much did you pay for that??

and the crown is 8mm?

Here is the breakdown of the 7922 project.

Yuki case with 8mm crown, dial and hand sets is USD 680.

20mm yuki brevet bracelet is USD 148.00.

390 Movement found in old watch (swiss non brand) is USD 75.00.

Hope the information can help you too.

390 Movement found in old watch (swiss non brand) is USD 75.00.

Hope the information can help you too.

Hi, I'm fascinated to know more about the movement you used...

My understanding was that 390's were only ever used by Tudor as they were actually another hand winding movement made by Fleurier (350 FEF) and then modified by rolex.

The only two brands to use them were Tudor and Solar which was a rebranded tudor watch sold exclusively though the Eaton's department store chain in Canada during the 50's 60's.

Could you post a pic of the movement to satisfy the curious minds here?

cheers

Ed