When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ask a member...

hackR

i'm not sure i'll be able to keep up with the Requested and Responded lists...but will do my best...thought it was a good idea in the early stage of this thread...time will tell...(pun intended)...but eventually, you'll have to sift thru it for your Request...or just to check out the great pieces here!... :whistling:

Please remember --> this thread has an underlying membership "connection" theme...therefore, if you see someone who hasn't responded to a request from a member in this post and you know him/her - pm 'em with this post...

enjoy - R

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I post [censored] my pieces to death already as it is... Just pick any random posting of mine, and you're sure to see a bunch of pics :lol:

yeah...but which super-duper franken rolex is your favorite?...or do you have a secret Graham Overlord favorite that you wear in the dark of night?...gulp... :ph34r:

I would like to see Bazz's toppers.

Great idea R!

For those of you that are newer to the forum.. Bazz is one of the most accomplished Photogs here.. and I believe was the first to do a splashing water shot on a watch.. may not have invented it.. but it was what everyone else aspired to.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Really? I post [censored] my pieces to death already as it is... Just pick any random posting of mine, and you're sure to see a bunch of pics :lol:

Deniz is right! Show us the goods :D I love seeing your pics, they're great :thumbsupsmileyanim: Even if they're a little dirty :p

Again .. great thread r..

but I goota go with Ubi.. my watches are posted all ova da place.. and it would be hard for me to nail down 5 of my top fave.. since my taste change from week to week and month to month..

But I'm enjoying viewing all the pics here.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Again .. great thread r..

but I goota go with Ubi.. my watches are posted all ova da place.. and it would be hard for me to nail down 5 of my top fave.. since my taste change from week to week and month to month..

But I'm enjoying viewing all the pics here.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

What about a group shot Lani? One pic? :D

What about a group shot Lani? One pic? :D

still don't have a Family photo of my collection..

but remember awhile ago the GTG in .. was it Brussels?.. and this pic was posted of the event... just a tease from every ones collection.. and I believe Takashi was in the bathroom doing lume jobs.. (that sound Freudian) Imagine if hotel security was called up to this room.. :lol:

gtgkoln200806stephane80.jpg

me thinks there's a little diversion in that last post, Lan, my friend... :brow:

the key with this thread is not a quantity thang, it's to highlight just a few of your most favorite watches...so, cmon big fella -- how about a glimpse into the ones that you place a notch above the masses... :pardon:

please...pretty please... (beggin on behalf of the membership, implied)

Before I start, I have to say that my collection is very small, as I try to keep it within 10 watches or less. My goal is to have a tightly focused core of favorites, so knocking this down to 5 pieces is... Difficult to say the least. As mentioned prior, I have pics posted in every possible corner of the forum... So, I apologize now if any of you guys are sick of seeing these things :) And if you are tired of seeing these old faces... I'm open to suggestions as to what I should try and build next to break up the monotony :p

First on my list... My 4th Generation 42mm PO franken. This was built on a whim, as I really just wanted to see how far I could take one of these. As a bonus, the bracelet came from RobbieG... So a little sentimental value as well :) I never knew that I would come to enjoy this one as much as I do.

-4th Generation case

-Genuine bezel complete

-Genuine dial

-Genuine hands

-2892 datewheel

-genuine bracelet

IMG_5710.jpg

Next is my 9411 franken. This is a piece I had built a few years back, but wouldn't come to realize it's significance in my collection until more recently. I built a near exact twin of this same watch for my brother Lanikai; since doing so, a strange, karmatic bond has formed between us in which we can almost expect that when one life occurrence or situation happens with one of us, we can be sure that a similar instance of situation will transpire with the other. It's stranger than fiction and something neither of us can figure out. I figure in order to break free of this strange bond, I'll have to burn the damn watch :) This piece is comprised of:

-MBW case (5513 marked Polex)

-ETA 2783

-Genuine dial

-Genuine hands (thanks, Zig!)

-Genuine T-125 crystal

-Genuine insert w/ old pearl

-Genuine crown/tube

-Case modification

-Genuine 580 ends

-Genuine 78360 links

-Genuine 93150 clasp

IMG_9193.jpg

My next pick is my 16520 franken. This was one of my first builds and remains a favorite. I think I spent a little over a year collecting parts for this thing and finally saw it come to life on my work space.

-Genuine case

-Genuine dial

-Genuine hands

-El Primero 400 31j movement

-Genuine crown/tube

-Genuine bezel

-Genuine bracelet (in storage)

-Self polished hollow link rep bracelet (the gen bracelet irritates my skin :yuk: )

IMG_0293.jpg

My 3717 franken is quite possibly my second favorite watch. This piece is special to me as three extraordinary gents on the forum helped me immensely with parts and build. Thank you, Kruzer00, Lani and Zig! This one has:

-V1 EL100 case

-Genuine dial

-Genuine hands

-Swiss 7750

-German ETA D/DW

-Chief AR crystal

IMG_0359.jpg

My final piece is a humble one. It's not perfect. It's not accurate to any gen. It's a mish mash of parts, and it's sincere. This is a piece that my son built at the age of 5, with his own two little hands. He did everything from picking the parts he wanted to use, setting the dial, setting the hands, casing the movement and threading on the case back. For that reason alone, this is my most cherished piece...

IMG_0844.jpg

Sorry for the long winded list... Each piece has a bit of interesting background to them which is why they hold a special place in my heart. I have a few pieces that I am working on now that will also likely make the list down the road as they see completion. I guess that's really what makes these builds great in my mind... The path taken to reach the destination...

Thanks for allowing me to share...

//ubi