When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ask a member...

hackR

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I post [censored] my pieces to death already as it is... Just pick any random posting of mine, and you're sure to see a bunch of pics :lol:

:rofl:

i was just kiding, theres for sure nobody who wants to see some of the best rolexes and iwcs ever 8)

;)

wow ubi, that a some stunning pieces, man i dont get in touch with the daytona reps, but yours is awsome :Jumpy: and of course the rest of your (can i call it reps? ) collection too.

still don't have a Family photo of my collection..

but remember awhile ago the GTG in .. was it Brussels?.. and this pic was posted of the event... just a tease from every ones collection.. and I believe Takashi was in the bathroom doing lume jobs.. (that sound Freudian) Imagine if hotel security was called up to this room.. :lol:

gtgkoln200806stephane80.jpg

THE WATCH MAFIA :p

Ok.. I'll start with one that I should definitely be wearing more

SOH Chrono the only unmodded rep I really like as is.

afewfaves002.jpg

and this has to be in my top 3 if not #1

Ubifranken .. not just for the watch but the History and bond with the 80021 Zip code :1a:

ubifranken006.jpg

snowflake035.jpg

snowflake042.jpg

Another catagory.. "one" of my fave Ziggy Lumes BR94-02

Ziggy just got the blue lume right after the recent gens were lumed blue.

bluelume005.jpg

And of course ma fave Pam at the moment..

FGD dial and Ziggy lume and OEM PVD on V straps

vstrap007.jpg

202aandagedbezel002.jpg

My 1655 .. took over a year to source all the parts for this one..

I treasure it

afewfaves006.jpg

Just completed Mag AR project GMTIIC

the mag looks out of alignment only due to the angle of the pic.

afewfaves011.jpg

7032 Monte Carlo

afewfaves017.jpg

afewfaves016.jpg

Breitling Skyland Avenger Black Steel

blingsosfandblacksteel0.jpg

iwc3717andtg006.jpg

3717 Spitfire

3717spitefire003.jpg

Omega Railmaster

afewfaves019.jpg

afewfaves018.jpg

Explorer 1016 gilt

afewfaves022.jpg

afewfaves020.jpg

HBB AS all ceramic

ahbbayrtonsenna092.jpg

IWC 3719 "Slevin"

slevin3719iwc009.jpg

IWC Ingy

zingy017.jpg

Ok .. I really can go on... I am not finished with my faves.. :wounded1: ..because I value and treasure them all..

Ziggy .. Ubi.. Kruzer have played such a big role in my reps being what they are.. everyone here actually..

Ziggy takes reps into another dimension.. notice no genuine are posted in my daily wear.. except for my Doxa .. oops which reminds me... :rolleyes:

Doxa 300NT.. the only gen I'll post

doxa300030.jpg

Thanks R.. for the thread .. top 5 .. kidding me..??? :lol: .. how bout top 50 maybe not enough :o

AC/Lani

54439746.jpg

what did i sayd , page 5 is all with lanis favs :rofl::thumbsupsmileyanim:

man R this are so cool watches, never thougt a bell and ross can look so cool but this one kicks azz :victory:

but that tudor is a real grail watch unbelievable and so cool and unique :shock:

you have a great taste and we all know there are so many more left and not listend, but the cool thing is you not only have so many watches, you wear them all ... sooner or later :bleh:

denz

and btw i was meaning the strap of the second pic of your marina militare :Jumpy:

what did i sayd , page 5 is all with lanis favs :rofl::thumbsupsmileyanim:

man R this are so cool watches, never thougt a bell and ross can look so cool but this one kicks azz :victory:

but that tudor is a real grail watch unbelievable and so cool and unique :shock:

you have a great taste and we all know there are so many more left and not listend, but the cool thing is you not only have so many watches, you wear them all ... sooner or later :bleh:

denz

and btw i was meaning the strap of the second pic of your marina militare :Jumpy:

can only agree.

Great taste and some really great pieces.

My favorites are the Monte Carlo and the Ubi Tudor.

I love it.

still don't have a Family photo of my collection..

but remember awhile ago the GTG in .. was it Brussels?.. and this pic was posted of the event... just a tease from every ones collection.. and I believe Takashi was in the bathroom doing lume jobs.. (that sound Freudian) Imagine if hotel security was called up to this room.. :lol:

gtgkoln200806stephane80.jpg

No this was in Cologne ;)

I can see my watchbox on the bed, that's was really a nice day!

Love this shot Lani. Almost looks like you shot it in b&w!

thank you..

it was shot in a porcelain sink with very low light .. the sun was down..

to get the blue lume true I had to wait until just the right time of day.. without manipulating the image this was the only way..

any pic without the perfect lighting.. your not going to see what the naked eye sees.. so for this lume I had to use the bathroom sink without any light coming through the window.. or any reflective colours interfering. :lol:

Lani and Ubi, thanks for showing those unbelievable beauties. I'm sitting here, forgetting about my breakfast muesli (I'm Swiss, remember) and staring in awe. You really made my day at six in the morning already. :notworthy:

I love the Snowflake. No wonder it works magic! And I am still mesmerised by Lani's 1016, a watch that made me contemplate starting a project myself (not easy here, as you have to get parcels to and fro all the time, I guess <_< ).

Eagerly awaiting the next posts! :) hackR, you da man!

Val.

Requests in for:

kruzer00, richard lawton, The Zigmeister, dluddy - "the others", JoJo35, Avitt, Eunomians, TwoTone, Admin, thomasng, watcher, by-tor, torresp, chieftang, toadtorrent, Nikki6, Bazz, HikeUSA, sql_pl, pugwash

Responses: :good:

dluddy - PAMs, robertk, jmarin.72, freddy333, hackR, ubiquitous, Lanikai

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This list may very well be out of date/time...So please sift thru this thread to see if your top 5 has been Requested!...

2. ummmmm...all you "readers"... :clapping: it's OK to post a reply requesting a member to post THEIR favorites... :whistling:

3. If you see someone who hasn't responded to a request from a member in this post and you know him/her - pm 'em pointing out this post...

OK, I think it was Ubi that asked what my Favorites were outside of my PAM collection.

This one came from Efren and has been running flawlessly since 2003 - JLC Master Control Memovox

jlcmastercontrolmemovox.jpg

Only a couple of Breitlings:

Steelfish SuperOcean - first batch from TWP, ETA 2824, Ziggy Lume

breitlingsuperoceanstee.jpg

My only Two Tone watch - Chrono EVO:

breitlingttchronomatevo.jpg

I mentioned that I am a big Omega Fan - wouldn't list them all but these are the Frankens:

SMP Chrono - Gen Dial, Gen Bezel, Chief Double AR

omeag259820frankensmpchr.jpg

SMP Bond - Gen Dial, Gen Hands, Gen crown & Tube, Gen He Valve, Chief Single AR

omega253180smpfranken.jpg

Franken PO 4th Gen - Gen Dial, Gen Crystal, Gen Bezel - Thanks to Ubi and Ziggy for making this one work

omegafrankenplanetocean.jpg

IWC is another favorite brand of mine and I have had a number of different models - Loved the 3717's - Had to sell mine to raise some funds so I kind of miss them. These are the ones that are the keepers today:

Ingenieur - Lello DW, Chief Double AR, ZIggy Lume

iwcingenieurpocketwrist.jpg

3719 Aquatimer Chrono - Ziggy Lume, ETA 7750 transplant, ETA Day/Date wheels, Chief Double AR

iwc3719aquatimerchronos.jpg

5002 Big Pilot - one of my all-time favorite watches. This one has only had the recessed DW fix

iwc5002bigpilotonzeguma.jpg

Moving on to Rolex/Tudor:

My 5513 Gilt and Pointy was a whim of a project starting with the dial - It came out nicely and always gets comments when I post it

redial, MBW 5513 case, Clarks T-19, ETA 2846, Clarks Gilt Hands, Gen crown/tube,Gen insert with aged pearl, Yuki expansion band (not installed yet)

rolex5513giltziggified.jpg

The other Rolex I am proud of is the 16570 Franken Explorer - took well over a year to get this one done. Much thanks go to Bytor for all of the discussions

Gen Dial, Gen crown/Tube

rolex16570frankenexplor.jpg

Last Rolex is my 1655 Explorer - always loved this model - Took a couple of models to get this one assembled right - much thanks to TMG and Oliver for breaking ground on this one.

Trusty case, dial, Omega Flightmaster hands, Gen crown/tube, Ziggy lume

rolex1655exolorerii.jpg

My lone Tudor is one of the lucky Gerards buys - 7016/0 with Helen Wong insert with aged pearl (not in this Pic), gen crown/tube

tudorwithhelenwonginser.jpg

Some other favorites that you don't see very often:

chronoswissregulator.jpg

jlcreservedemarche.jpg

iwc365602wristiepostmod.jpg

WOW, some stunning sounding pieces in here!! I would give anything to be able to see them!!

Since I have been thrown to the lions by Bike Mike, I'll do my best to get some pics for you guys, I'll do my best to keep cats and furniture out and the watch within the frame!! ;)

Great idea R, think this one could roll and roll, maybe even a call for a sticky on this?!

Sixx :bones:

LANI! I think we've had 2 o 3 requests for you to show us a group shot of your babies in one place.. That picture would be priceless..( as well as all the watches in the picture)... Are you game or what?! :victory:

not the place for this post, plai... :bangin:

To All --

This post is only as good as those participating.......sooooooooo...

1. All you "readers"... it's OK to post a reply requesting a member to post THEIR favorites...

2. If you see someone who hasn't responded to a request from a member in this post and you know him/her - pm 'em pointing out this post...

Before I start, I have to say that my collection is very small, as I try to keep it within 10 watches or less. My goal is to have a tightly focused core of favorites, so knocking this down to 5 pieces is... Difficult to say the least. As mentioned prior, I have pics posted in every possible corner of the forum... So, I apologize now if any of you guys are sick of seeing these things :) And if you are tired of seeing these old faces... I'm open to suggestions as to what I should try and build next to break up the monotony :p

First on my list... My 4th Generation 42mm PO franken. This was built on a whim, as I really just wanted to see how far I could take one of these. As a bonus, the bracelet came from RobbieG... So a little sentimental value as well :) I never knew that I would come to enjoy this one as much as I do.

-4th Generation case

-Genuine bezel complete

-Genuine dial

-Genuine hands

-2892 datewheel

-genuine bracelet

IMG_5710.jpg

Next is my 9411 franken. This is a piece I had built a few years back, but wouldn't come to realize it's significance in my collection until more recently. I built a near exact twin of this same watch for my brother Lanikai; since doing so, a strange, karmatic bond has formed between us in which we can almost expect that when one life occurrence or situation happens with one of us, we can be sure that a similar instance of situation will transpire with the other. It's stranger than fiction and something neither of us can figure out. I figure in order to break free of this strange bond, I'll have to burn the damn watch :) This piece is comprised of:

-MBW case (5513 marked Polex)

-ETA 2783

-Genuine dial

-Genuine hands (thanks, Zig!)

-Genuine T-125 crystal

-Genuine insert w/ old pearl

-Genuine crown/tube

-Case modification

-Genuine 580 ends

-Genuine 78360 links

-Genuine 93150 clasp

IMG_9193.jpg

My next pick is my 16520 franken. This was one of my first builds and remains a favorite. I think I spent a little over a year collecting parts for this thing and finally saw it come to life on my work space.

-Genuine case

-Genuine dial

-Genuine hands

-El Primero 400 31j movement

-Genuine crown/tube

-Genuine bezel

-Genuine bracelet (in storage)

-Self polished hollow link rep bracelet (the gen bracelet irritates my skin :yuk: )

IMG_0293.jpg

My 3717 franken is quite possibly my second favorite watch. This piece is special to me as three extraordinary gents on the forum helped me immensely with parts and build. Thank you, Kruzer00, Lani and Zig! This one has:

-V1 EL100 case

-Genuine dial

-Genuine hands

-Swiss 7750

-German ETA D/DW

-Chief AR crystal

IMG_0359.jpg

My final piece is a humble one. It's not perfect. It's not accurate to any gen. It's a mish mash of parts, and it's sincere. This is a piece that my son built at the age of 5, with his own two little hands. He did everything from picking the parts he wanted to use, setting the dial, setting the hands, casing the movement and threading on the case back. For that reason alone, this is my most cherished piece...

IMG_0844.jpg

Sorry for the long winded list... Each piece has a bit of interesting background to them which is why they hold a special place in my heart. I have a few pieces that I am working on now that will also likely make the list down the road as they see completion. I guess that's really what makes these builds great in my mind... The path taken to reach the destination...

Thanks for allowing me to share...

//ubi

Ubi/R,

I usually don't requote the pictures due to E-etiquette, but in this case I'm making an exception.

As I read through the list, starting with the PO, I said, "yeah, I like this one, this is my favorite". Then I got to the Tudor, and found myself saying the same thing, repeating each time I got to the next watch. Then the last one, I scratched my head for a minute but read along, and how precious that is man. You know I'm about to wed, and we will try to make a baby on our honeymoon in March. I'm very emotional lately, you can't post this sort've stuff. What are my co-workers to think seeing this tough Italian guy's (lol) eyes welling-up at his desk?!

I love the German DW on the IWC. So interesting. I'd insist on having mine this way! A really tight collection for anyone to lust after, and i'm not saying this because of your recent generosity.

I suppose that it's a bit ironic... My favroite piece is truly a frankenstein in every sense of the term. But it's valued to me for reasons far beyond anything I can express in words. The day I sat down and watched him put this one together was one I'll never forget. Maybe he'll have a couple of projects of his own sometime soon :)

Thanks for the kind words, D. Much appreciated!