When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The worse Seamaster i have ever seen

triplehd

I dunno if it's the worst... My brother in law has one from the late '90's that might top it. Quartz with day/date/month subdials and the second hand has the Breitling B and anchor at the tailing tip. When I looked at it, I was like 'huh?'; my nose scrunched up and eyes started watering from looking at it.

I'll have to see if he still has it; if he does, I'll snap a pic for your viewing pleasure...

typical canal st. rep ending up on ebay. that clasp is hideous and i could never understand someone trying to sell a used watch that is so scraped up. a few minor scratches can easily be polished out, but this one needs a lot of work. reps like this are what I call fake rather than rep... I wouldn't be surprised if it is plated. luckily the dealers on these boards most often never send out plated watches posing as stainless. the watch that got me into the hobby was plated and I ended up selling it for $5 including shipping cost to a member on an older board as an esperiment for him to plate. unsure why that was appealing to him but maybe he could at least make use of the movement. I'm amazed I have not come across one rep yet with stuttering movement like that one had. maybe it needed to be serviced who knows.