When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2010 Winter Olympics

stilty

I'm in no way now or have ever been a winter athlete.. but the spirit of the Olympics .. the pure competition and the years of hard work is something that I really appreciate..

Canada's shoot out to win today in Hockey was awesome..

throughout these events the Canadian Fans are again and again.. first class :thumbsupsmileyanim:

weather cheering their country or paying tribute to other teams.. good stuff..

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Annndddd Congratulations Torah Bright...Gold for Australia

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie.....

Ken

BTW have to agree with jeff g, how do you take an athlete seriously when the wear their pants with their bum sticking out?

I have watched every single hockey game so far. This is an awesome tournament.

My prediction for the final: Canada - USA. Russia has superior material but way too many big egos... and potentially a shaky goalie.

Watching the Men's figure skating competition, I am amazed at the skills.. But...

Sang are the costumes they wear trying to compete with the women..

I'm not Homophobic , nor do I have much against "Metro".. but dhit Jed.. those costumes and make up on the men are going over the edge of "peacocking", I have a hard enough time looking a straight man in the face when he has waxed eyebrows :rofl:

Now History will show that in all cultures in Mans attempt to mimic the wild kingdom, have used makeup and the likes.. but this year in the Ice skating programs.. it seems that they went over the line with trying to outdo the Women..in elegant costumes and makeup.

you go from one extreme from Hockey where the men are missing teeth and have crooked noses.. to figure skating, where the Men may "scream" if they break a finger nail.. :lol:

Sorry just had to add ma .02.. I really focus on the skills they work hard at.. but "Mary" Puuuullleeeeaase :rolleyes:

My grandma likes figure skating. Great old lady but that tells you a lot about the sport.

And I agree about those figure skater guys... bunch of make-up wearing p*ssies.

PS: Norway-Switzerland was surprisingly good hockey game. Anyone watched it?

You meant the Sweedes thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Unbelievable teamwork in that race

Sorry.. always getting mixed up since their not Polynesian :lol:

but yes, great unselfish teamwork :good:

And congrats to Norway in the 1500 meter speed skate... recapturing the gold after so long !!.. that was an incredible time given the track.. (hope I got that one right).. they took the long jump too ??.. the dude was flyin :1a:

There are babes all over the Olympics.. agree :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I figure most of these sports are for the affluent class.. a lotta bucks from when these athletes are very young..

just a thought looking at some of the finances needed to mature in the winter programs..

Like tropical climates attract beach bunnies.. the ski slopes must be the opposite end of the spectrum with the ski bunnies.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I figure most of these sports are for the affluent class.. a lotta bucks from when these athletes are very young..

I've heard that that is the reason the Olympics were for amateurs only for so long. The upper-class twits didn't want to compete against the working classes. Banning professionals meant that only people who could afford not to work could compete and win.

Am watching the USA Vs Canada hockey match right now.

I have no idea if it is live or a delayed telecast, I just turned on the TV and there it was.

The States have scored an early goal but it has been pretty tight since then.

Ken

Edit; now it's 2 USA 1 Canada but the Canadians seem to be doing most of the attacking.