When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you have a Exit Watch :)

deniz21

hello guys, thats a question that i realy wanted to ask you RWG´lers , i mean in every gen foras you can read about exit watches, for one its a gmt rolex for the other a radiomir or something else.. :) of course they have other prices to handle :whistling:

but is there a watch, that when you will have someday or thats in your mind actualy..that could be the exit watch for you, your grail watch, the watch of all watches?? gen or rep no matter B)

for me i have to say, i dont think that i have one atm, cause im too new in the watchscene for that me thinks, cause everyday i see new stuff for me, and more watches i realy like :D

so that is maybe a question for the guys who are longer here 8)

(for lanikai i think its atm the ploprof :D everywhere he is..shouts..ploprof ploprof :D)

so this candy is for you bro :)

baselworld-2009-omega-ploprof-re-release-13.jpg

denz :yu:

Not sure what you mean by Exit watch mate

But if its another way of saying grail then I have 2, one rep one gen.

The rep would be a PAM 26 A/B transitional, yes I could buy gen but I would want the journey on this one.

The Gen would be the PAM 365 50mm of sexiness!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Interesting topic, bro :tu:

For me, if I could get it stabilized, it would be my 6200 project sub.

DSCN2704.jpg

DSCN2759.jpg

DSCN2760.jpg

DSCN2900.jpg

Having sold my Planet Ocean and SMP which were bought with inheritance money, the idea of having replacements seems like sacrilege, as they were a willing sacrifice. I admit, my two Tudor-dialled Subs are without question my overall favorite watch dials, but, they are in modern cases, and if this is about the ultimate Exit Watch, I have to admit, I prefer the feel of the vintage low-profile case. As I've said in PM, I believe that the 6200 was the watch Ian Fleming was referring to when he wrote On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Although I was already into watches when I read the novel, that was what first put Rolex into my mind as a brand.

Even though it is far from perfect in terms of replicating the 6200, 'as a watch', it has everything I need: Timing bezel, clear dial markers, water resistance, noticeable hands, and a comfortable case and bracelet. In terms of it as a project, I have modified just about every aspect of the watch, other than the crown and tube, which gives it a very personal connection. The insert has been swapped several times, and I plan to eventually install a coin-edge bezel. I built the dial myself with one of Slartibartfast's dial decals, which meant I had to strip and prepare a dial, apply the decal, lume the indices and varnish the dial. The watch has had new movements, and will eventually get another (might have to spring for an ETA movement for ease of future servicing) It's also had a military-Sub caseback fitted, which adds a little more weight without being too much (also improves comfort) The crystal has been epoxied into place, the bracelet, I built out of two different bracelets, which, while not accurate, for the 6200, is the only bracelet I can get to fit the case, and, I feel the endlinks complement the curve of the crystal. And, of course, it has had vintaging and re-finishing work all round. For me, it is my perfect watch. It's easy to read, it's water resistant, the low-profile case is incredibly comfortable and it goes with any wardrobe selections (I wore the case on a leather strap, with different dial/movement etc, at my best friend's wedding in Tokyo). If I could just complete the project, then if I had to sell all my other watches, and could never have any other watch again, as long as I could keep that one, I know it would meet my needs :) For me, it's not about the accuracy or details of the watch, but my personal connection to the watch :)

[Edit to add]

Just thought I'd add a photo to show how good it looks on a leather strap :)

thanks Tim

i was realy thinking that you will say that watch T :)

and i have to say not only the making of it sounds realy cool, its also a real classy watch, and very unique, its like you bro :thumbsupsmileyanim:

and im realy sure that you will have this watch somday completed, cause you are a real fucussed guy B)

hackR :rofl:

i was realy thinking that you will say that watch T :)

and i have to say not only the making of it sounds realy cool, its also a real classy watch, and very unique, its like you bro :thumbsupsmileyanim:

and im realy sure that you will have this watch somday completed, cause you are a real fucussed guy B)

Thanks, bro :good: If the question had been 'which is the most visible dial', I'd say the Snowflake, without question, but I think the stick markers of this dial make it a close contender, as it is so easy to read, and the dial decal being slightly larger than standard layout also lends extra visibility by the size :) As I've said before, this is by no means a perfect replication, but that's not what I like about it. I like it because it's the watch I custom-built :) A coin-edge bezel will bring it closer to the 6200, but I'm not installing the bezel for the sake of accuracy, but because I feel it is a better appearance and would offer a better grip :) Of course, it will probably be quite some time before I fully complete the project, but I'm certainly happy with it as it is :) (if the movement was more reliable :bangin::whistling: )

when you are so far with your rep, send the movement to me, a person i know will make it reliable for you bro ;)

Thanks for the offer, bro, it's very much appreciated :) I know I had said that I might eventually spring for an ETA movement for the watch, but, I just realized, there could be an issue of the movement fitting and a suitable retaining ring, so I'll probably just stick with an Asian movement :D

In a perfect world, it would be a Rolex "Re-issue" (as in brand new) of a 6538... Especially if the dial, hands and case were exact, but with improved modern movement and a better bracelet (seriously if you have ever handled a gen vintage rivet bracelet -- they are pretty crappy). Wishful thinking.

Great topic deniz :thumbsupsmileyanim:

An exit watch for me does not exist..

Of course there are grail watches that everyone would like to own, but keeping realistic.. there is "One" that I would like to own..

Interesting to think of just one watch that would end the hunt..

I keep thinking of the One that started it all not necessarily one that would end the journey..

that would be arriving at the final destination,... which seems like a Myth.. :lol:

And thank you D.. for your friendship as well as your loyalty to the community.. :1a:

AC/Lani

I'd have to say I get pretty excited about excellent reps this fine community really gets behind and have picked up quite a few already. I think it would be hard to pick an exit watch as the manufacturers are always coming out with new designs. As tastes change and with the need to "try things out", it's become a journey and not a destination.

I'd like to thank all the fantastic folks here on RWG, I am so happy I found this forum!

:)

Even before finding this place, variety has always been my thing with gens. This hobby makes that variety a little broader I guess.

So, as others above have mentioned, above it would be very hard to pick an exit watch.

But, WOW! Thanks to PeteM, if forced to, I now have one. I'll have one of what Pete's having. :p

In a perfect world, it would be a Rolex "Re-issue" (as in brand new) of a 6538... Especially if the dial, hands and case were exact, but with improved modern movement and a better bracelet (seriously if you have ever handled a gen vintage rivet bracelet -- they are pretty crappy). Wishful thinking.

You could always build a franken, and use a modern movement and contemporary bracelet ;):victory:

Great topic deniz :thumbsupsmileyanim:

An exit watch for me does not exist..

Of course there are grail watches that everyone would like to own, but keeping realistic.. there is "One" that I would like to own..

Interesting to think of just one watch that would end the hunt..

I keep thinking of the One that started it all not necessarily one that would end the journey..

that would be arriving at the final destination,... which seems like a Myth.. :lol:

And thank you D.. for your friendship as well as your loyalty to the community.. :1a:

AC/Lani

thank you bro, realy appreciatet about hearing that from you :) and yes my loyalty is pinned here on RWG :1a: and to the top guys i meet here, im realy happy for meeting everyone one of you.

as i said atm its the ploprof for you and in a few weeks maybe something else :p i think you are the Don Juan de Marco of watches :thumbsupsmileyanim: you love them all, and only one is for you not enogh :D

and yes it would be even for me real hard to pick only one, and to stay serios this place here dosnt animates you to stay focused on only one watch :whistling: but to the one they have this one watch in there mind..realy i hope so much that they will find and own it one day :1a:

denz