When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beverage Check: 2010

P4GTR

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Exactly to the left of me when I saw this thread pop up. A thrice drained cup of vodka/cranberry (not my usual). A Lee Child novel I am currently reading. My Seamaster, a couple of spyerco's and my great grandfathers marble ashtray ornamenting my desk in the background. My Italian ancestors were marble workers. Behind is a picture of my wife and I. A guitar pick lays about. I have two guitars in this "office" room. I don't claim to be any good.

IMG_4047.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Counting down the hours until I leave the office. After a trying week, a date with my couch, a bottle of cabernet, and some cheese is in order. I can usually be found drinking blended scotch, but when I want to feel like I've accomplished something, cleaning up a bottle of wine solo is always a good measure.

Tried this 2005 Penfolds St. Henri last night as part of a wine + cheeses appreciation thing, brings Friday night work drinks to a whole new level :o)

IMG_0988-1.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

The cheese in the pic doesnt do it for me, but boy... The Penfold's. Yah, the Penfolds. I can't believe you didn't save me a glass. It's my favorite.

Counting down the hours until I leave the office. After a trying week, a date with my couch, a bottle of cabernet, and some cheese is in order. I can usually be found drinking blended scotch, but when I want to feel like I've accomplished something, cleaning up a bottle of wine solo is always a good measure.

Agreed. Sounds nice. I'm trying to switch to wine, if anything at all. I've got to slow down a bit. Italian/Irish blood though, not so easy... -_-

• 2 weeks later...

The cheese in the pic doesnt do it for me, but boy... The Penfold's. Yah, the Penfolds. I can't believe you didn't save me a glass. It's my favorite.

Agreed. Sounds nice. I'm trying to switch to wine, if anything at all. I've got to slow down a bit. Italian/Irish blood though, not so easy... -_-

You're welcome anytime mate :)

On a recent wine acquisition tour, I came across a new place...

IMG_1082.jpg

And found these beauties:

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

I'd be far more impressed if those clowns on MTV Cribs had a bottle of Penfolds rather than this crap:

IMG_1090.jpg

:):drinks:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You're welcome anytime mate :)

On a recent wine acquisition tour, I came across a new place...

IMG_1082.jpg

And found these beauties:

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

I'd be far more impressed if those clowns on MTV Cribs had a bottle of Penfolds rather than this crap:

IMG_1090.jpg

:):drinks:

Oh my my. Sorry to requote your pics, but I think they were necessary. If a $20 bottle of Penfolds tastes as good as it does, I can only imagine.

The clowns have money but no taste; sheeple that made it.

Tonight, Crown Royal, neat. I happened upon four free bottles. :drinks:

Oh my my. Sorry to requote your pics, but I think they were necessary. If a $20 bottle of Penfolds tastes as good as it does, I can only imagine.

The clowns have money but no taste; sheeple that made it.

Tonight, Crown Royal, neat. I happened upon four free bottles. :drinks:

No need to apologise mate, we've since knocked off a delightful 389 and for the break up party a late 90's 707. The palettes of each are quite differentiated, very nice :)

I'm going slowly through a bottle of 1978 Napoleon brandy, fell into my lap and really delicious when warmed slowly over a glass of hot water.

A glass of Johnnie Walker on the rocks with a splash of water is good enough for me.

So long as it's Black Label. Apparently JW Black is the drink of choice of Saudi royalty and Saddam Hussein :)

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=AU#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=BP51NnoVErA

If this doesn't work, just YouTube 'Christopher hitchens favorite drink', great little clip.

So long as it's Black Label. Apparently JW Black is the drink of choice of Saudi royalty and Saddam Hussein :)

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=AU#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=BP51NnoVErA

If this doesn't work, just YouTube 'Christopher hitchens favorite drink', great little clip.

Fixed link:

• 2 months later...