When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beverage Check: 2010

P4GTR

For those of us that indulge in a drink once or twice (or more) a week. I bring you what I hope to be...

IMG_2028.jpg

Just a simple post of what you've selected to kick back with for the evening will suffice. There is no timestamp on this thread, update at will, and often!

Maybe you're enjoying a fine hand rolled cigar or hand rolled what-have-you with your cocktail?

Maybe you feel like posting a pic, maybe including the watch you wore today? Don't have to, but you can! :)

Enjoy, post, elaborate, ramble on in a drunken stupor if it serves you well. (How do you think I got my post count?) :lol:

I open the thread with a special bottle of wine. An inexpensive bottle of Penfolds. Better than most wine twice its price to my uneducated palette; I purchased a case of it to have at my wedding. I usually drink rum, vodka, or beer. This bottle is the first from the case, a taste test for my wedding 8 days from today. The bottle is almost gone. So if I may, Here's a toast. To RWG! and if I may, to my up coming wedding! Salute!

So, what are you drinking? :drinks:

Nice call on the Penfolds my friend! Definitely want to give it a try before you hand out bottles of it for your wedding! :thumbsupsmileyanim: I've always been a big fan of it! Especially their Cab/Shiraz blends!

Lately my wine of choice is a beautiful wine from Santa Ynez Valley, CA called Gainey. They make a great Syrah, and their 2006 Reserve Merlot is outstanding!

GVNVMerlotSantaYnezWhiteBackground.jpg

Nice call on the Penfolds my friend! Definitely want to give it a try before you hand out bottles of it for your wedding! :thumbsupsmileyanim: I've always been a big fan of it! Especially their Cab/Shiraz blends

Thats exactly what it is, very good taste!

these pictures are from last year while preparing for a hurricane. after locking down my shutters and cutting down some loose branches and coconuts, i enjoyed the fruits of my labor with a coconut mamosa. thankfully the hurricane did not hit us directly. cheers.

DSC07734.jpg

Nice! That looks tasty!

Red,

I have never quite acquired a taste for gin but every now and again I will give it a try. This is by far the best gin I have ever sampled.

Yeah, it's not that cheap (but not too expensive), but it's worth every penny. It has such an enticing aroma!! And it tastes amazing! :D

Overhyped or not, I've always wanted to try absinthe.

So my soon to be (5 days away) wife had her bridal shower this weekend. I helped her make a huge punch bowl full of sangria for the occasion. Those girls didn't drink hardly any of it, so it wound up back in our fridge. I've drank a good gallon of it over the past two days, drinking the last cup as I type this. wine, fruit, brandy, etc. headache be damned, can't let a good beverage go to waste.

No longer my thing, I used to enjoy some herbal blends with my beverages. Some really good vodka from holland called bong vodka came out. I made a souvenir out of one of the bottles. Tasty tasty. :victory:

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

When it comes to reds I love a Shiraz.

my coctail pallet is refined and I stay away from the sweet ones now, but that puts me in with the heavy boys like the martini.

Really do enjoy an "Old fashion" too. A must for any lover of bourbon or scotch.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ThePhilosopher

This year (to catch up):

Johnnie Walker Black

Coppola Diamond Series Cabernet Sauvignon

Coppola Diamond Series Chardonnay

Absinthe Montmartre

McMannis Cabernet Sauvignon