When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT IIc, How's yours?

pilot

Evening all,

With the trigger about to be pulled on another Rep i thought this might be a worthwhile question.

The GMT IIc has since proven too alluring to ignore and with Domi offering the 2893-2 install gen dial and gen crystal mods its a worthy purchase, if for the potential future upgrades alone!

It would be interesting to hear how everybodys GMTIIcs are running (i'll presume they're ICHS if they're still going)!

Whilst I've purchased from various dealers in the past, my search has narrowed to the Cartel boys or precious time for this one, I've heard very little in the way of GMTIIcs from many of the other dealers on the forum.

So chime in, it would be interesting to hear how these attractive and (relatively) complicated watches are holding up!

Regards

P

I believe that most of the owners that say their CHS is still running are those that don't use the GMT function and don't care if the GMT hand actually tracks the time. Mine was working fine except the GMT function lost a couple hours a day and it drove me crazy. Two trips for service and it still didn't function properly so I took the movement out and put in a cheap 21j. I'm currently waiting for a 2893-2 to swap again.

CHS never again!

I removed the faux "bridge" (loose screw) and rotor screw "cover" on the "Rolex decorated movement" as a precautionary measure in the GMTIIC I won on the raffle and <knock, knock> so far it's ran without a hitch and keeps excellent time.

Great stuff from all corners by the sound of things! I'm in Bristol England and I've a local watchsmith who's prepared to service reps, its a bit of a godsend as we all know how tough it can be to get someone to even open them up!

Good to hear so many satisfied customers down the line!

Regards

P

Mine is running fine. I have the incorrect hand stack with an ETA 2836-2 movement. At the moment, I have an ETA 2893-2 movement and am trying to source a genuine crystal, then it's off to get a movement swap, re-lume and new crystal.

Hello Pilot, pm'd you tonight but just in case it didn't get thru had the watch adjusted today & also pressure tested (only to 90 pounds). Specifically asked if the movement was a 2836-2 & it was. Also the pressure test turned out positive. The jeweler said he had no way to test if the crystal was Sapphire but I'm not to worried maybe someone here has a nondestructive way of doing a test. I'm pretty happy. Looks like TT is all that everyone here says he is. Stay in touch.