When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A little vintage Doxa love

Nanuq

That one is Prime time for sure. Dr Pete's got a photo or two of these in the book, but I'm sure they are as scarce as the proverbial hens teeth.

I'm wondering if that was a name that Doxa thought about using, probably made up a few dials and put them on sub 300's as a "test run". Maybe they felt like Searambler was better, possibly their legal department realized that the Sea Raider name was copyrighted by someone else, who knows. Since all of the Doxa documents from that era,seem to either be lost or are kept locked up and inaccessible, we can only speculate as to the whys and wherefores that influenced decisions back in the 1960's 70's

When I got the Doxa pre sub watch it was opened up and obviously was 100% Doxa. When we queried the folks at Doxa SA, all they would tell me was "yes, this is an authentic Doxa", but nothing else about the year,history, etc. they have been pretty close mouthed about anything Doxa from the past. Possibly they don't know. If all the old paperwork was thrown out at some time in the past when it transitioned from Doxa to Synchron to Aubrey, then no one knows for sure.Certainly none of the present management team was around back then.