When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2nd release of B01 is out!

importr

My answer: No. but thats just my opinion.

Both releases are available from Angus. The latest release is on the April offerings. The earlier release is on the March listing.

Now, the first version that we all know - V1 - had amongst other things:

1) correct date font as per gen

2) correct pusher length and screwed collar

3) caseback logo has matte finish to centre logo, other text is bold

4) some pics show it with decorated rotor

5) clasp has correct raised wings logo, well defined stamping on other parts

BRE-2010-03-03-09-02.JPG

BRE-2010-03-03-09-06.JPG

BRE-2010-03-03-09-04.JPG

the latest release has some very strange things which take it a step backwards:

1) wrong date font. It appears to use the standard a7750 font as per the Navitimer rep

2) wrong pusher length and screwed collar. The thread is visible!

3) caseback logo has shinier finish to centre logo, other text is thin and sharp

4) some pics show it with UNdecorated rotor

5) clasp has flat wings logo, poorer stamping on other parts - looks cheap

6) bezel font seems to be radially "set out". As opposed to tangential on the gen and "V1"

7) CERIFIE instead of CERTIFIE on the dial!!

BRE-2010-04-03-20-02.JPG

BRE-2010-04-03-20-09.JPG

BRE-2010-04-03-20-08.JPG

So is this rep actually a V2, or just a prototype batch that they need to shift? It looks like a precursor to the first release....

Typical. The initial batch always comes with the better datefont.

Then at some point they'll switch back to standard Asian font. It has happened many times before.

Will the real slim shady please stand up!

I now think that the "v2" is actually the real "v1". It reeks of "tester model". Maybe the QC people finally spotted all the tells and corrected them for the official release after CNY? :g:

I commented earlier regarding this model and was rightfully corrected by a fellow forum member as this is the B01 and not B1. However, my questiuons still stands. Angus and other sites show this model with the case size as 44.5mm, yet the original is 43.5mm. Am I missing something here. Are the dimensions on the rep sites down to the fact that they have all entered the wrong case size and the rep is actually 43.5mm as shown with the original version ?

Sorry again in advance if I am missing something really obvious.

Thanks

Noodles

man this sucks big time <_< what the heck are these factorys doing....

making plenty dollars with as little effort as absolutely possible it seems

I don't know guys... I find the "different" color models quite attractive. The red one is cool but I love this "copper" dial. I have no idea how accurate it is though (it's probably way off again).

BREITLING-288.jpg

Those SELs are weird though.

Check out the wings logo on the dial. Same as the cheap quartz fakes. It's interesting almost no one looks at the wings logo, on breit reps and gens, that's the first thing for me to look at. It's an instant tell. The gen is so crispy and well defined, whereas the reps are often matte and crooked.

The first release's wings look good, but still not shiney enough. The best rep wings are on the Bentley dials IMO.

Greetz.

Got my B01 from Joshua yesterday! I'm relieved to say that it is the one I ordered - a fabulous piece, with no problems.

Having worn the gen, this looks as expensive and feels like a very well made rep. I would certainly say that it is as good as my v3 BCE. The only cons, would be the sunken date (not that noticable with this Onxy Black dial choice) , the cardinal markers (again, not that noticeable) and the AR, which is good, but not as good as the AR on the rep Super Avenger, for example. I also bought a rep Ocean Racer strap 22mm for this. :)