When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Post your most comfortable deployant out there?

gran

What is the best or most comfortable deployant for leathers straps out there regardless of brand and make?

aba3AspgDEl9FMi.jpg

ome94521613b.jpg

Typical OMEGA deployment can be a little uncomfortable due to its too great curvature

The strap and closing mechanism on a watch is the final but important factor making a watch beautiful and enjoyable to wear

I am sitting here with my 4th generation 42mm OMEGA PO on a genuine OMEGA leather strap with genuine fold, push buttons, flip lock deployant. It is nice but is it really comfortable enough?

I have to say that in my experience that both the metal BRACELETS and oldfasion buckle straps are the most comfortable on my wrist

My hypothesis: I suspect that true double deploymants are more comfortable than single ones are

zLoaYqT6mV9tGGr.jpg

BeckDeployant700.jpg

omedeprub.jpg

What is your experience with deployants?

Happy timekeeping

Gunnar Gran :drinks:

I wear at least a dozen watches with deployments and the most comfortable (rep or gen) would be the rep Tag calibre1 deploy:

Buckle1.jpg

extra3.jpg

I think that it's so thin and fine is what makes this one so comfortable.

Edit: sorry, you said leather. Will post back with a leather strap on (if it's still as comfy heh)

The deployment on my Rolex DSSD, by far the most comfortable, esp since I can micro-adjust it.

Is that on a leather strap or a SS bracelet Mac?

I wear at least a dozen watches with deployments and the most comfortable (rep or gen) would be the rep Tag calibre1 deploy:

Buckle1.jpg

extra3.jpg

I think that it's so thin and fine is what makes this one so comfortable.

Edit: sorry, you said leather. Will post back with a leather strap on (if it's still as comfy heh)

I compleatly agree with you, my tag carrera deployment is the most confortable, next is the butterfly style deployment. I don't like the regular style deployment, don't make a nice dome and wears out the straps.

I have to say that in my experience that both the metal BRACELETS and oldfasion buckle straps are the most comfortable on my wrist

My hypothesis: I suspect that true double deploymants are more comfortable than single ones are

I agree.

I'm not too keen on strap deployants which have the surplus strap on the inside of the strap, as I feel it holds the watch too firmly in place on the wrist, but that's just my preference to not have a watch too tight :pardon:

I must agree that the most comfortable deployment clasp out there has to be the Omega that fits the vintage rubber strap I wear on my 2254.50. Also this clasp gives me the largest degree of flexibility as far as adjustment on the wrist than any other I can think of. A truley brillant design IMO.

post-22-127170073444_thumb.jpgpost-22-127170075498_thumb.jpg

post-22-127170077774_thumb.jpgpost-22-127170084528_thumb.jpg

I am also fond of the SS clasp on my Ocean Racer strap on my BSO Heritage.

post-22-127170090893_thumb.jpgpost-22-127170162652_thumb.jpg

Both of these deployments are VERY comfortable. Another that I like for super light weight and comfort is the deployment clasp on my PP Aquanaut. That one (Not pictured) is super small in comparison to these two, and very lightweight as well. In fact the whole outfit on the Aquanaut is superlightweight and extremely comfortable. Watch case, rubber strap, AND deployment.

post-22-127170138293_thumb.jpg

In fact rubber straps for weight and comfort are pretty much my favorite feel and fit. Which I guess, the reason I wear these three watches so much more regularly than many of my SS bracelet equipped watches.

My gen Breitling deployant is really comfortable, but my Chopard rep deployant looks a lot nicer, there is something about the chopard which looks so "classy". My SS GMT2c bracelet is my best all metal strap but I have it extended using the addition 5mm easylink, I would love to try a rolex with the glidelock.