When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Forum dishonesty

Admin

This and the oh so suspicious raffles on rg is already a big proof something smells rot down there.

I remember (before being banned) that the raffles were always a mess, with a 3rd party poster who would go to random.org and find a magical number.

Problem was the 3rd party was a One post wonder clearly controlled by admins.

I'm happy to be out of this, actually.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This and the oh so suspicious raffles on rg is already a big proof something smells rot down there.

I remember (before being banned) that the raffles were always a mess, with a 3rd party poster who would go to random.org and find a magical number.

Problem was the 3rd party was a One post wonder clearly controlled by admins.

I'm happy to be out of this, actually.

I too hate It when something smells rotten down there. :fish: Thats not very nice. :nonono:

Any answer from RG yet?

what would the reply be I wonder.. Yes we are decieving everyone .. But after all these are rep forums :lol:

T. Didn't post an opinion but facts that are proven for all of us to view without being banned.. There or here for bringing out the truth

so I really would be surprised if anyone tries to post a rebutal .. Kinda like denying a smokin gun..

I have to admit, RG wasn't ever really what I was after in a forum, so the only time I ever log in there is if there's a linked article. If they want to say "My dick's bigger than yours..." :pardon: Doesn't really bother me at all, it's none of my concern :pardon:

As far as "numbers" are concerned, I would venture to guess that over 50% of the members (here, there, anywhere) are/were drive-by's on their way to a Sub rep.

I would be curious to know the number of members w/over 100 posts/topics. To me those are 'active'.

As far as "numbers" are concerned, I would venture to guess that over 50% of the members (here, there, anywhere) are/were drive-by's on their way to a Sub rep.

I would be curious to know the number of members w/over 100 posts/topics. To me those are 'active'.

+1

That certainly would be an interesting statistic :):victory:

+1

That certainly would be an interesting statistic :):victory:

Those are good questions for the ages but not the point of T's post. His point is quite simple. While he has been working to grow membership and finally reached 25,000 members over a period of years (and that is after eliminating more than 3,000 inactive members over the same time period) he takes a look around and sees another forum advertising substantially more members and doesn't believe it. A quick look and he sees what he saw. I must confess I got curious and tried it and yeah there are several thousand less than advertised there.

Now in reality many forums do this. Heck you can add a specific plug-in to randomly add members. That is not the way T runs this site. Everyone can do whatever they want.

Those are good questions for the ages but not the point of T's post. His point is quite simple. While he has been working to grow membership and finally reached 25,000 members over a period of years (and that is after eliminating more than 3,000 inactive members over the same time period) he takes a look around and sees another forum advertising substantially more members and doesn't believe it. A quick look and he sees what he saw. I must confess I got curious and tried it and yeah there are several thousand less than advertised there.

Now in reality many forums do this. Heck you can add a specific plug-in to randomly add members. That is not the way T runs this site. Everyone can do whatever they want.

I totally understand the sentiment, it's like when you're walking down the street, and some jerkoff yells a random obscenity from the passenger seat of their friend's crappy car, sure, it's irritating, but at the end of the day, it just shows them up as being a loser... I'd say it's the same situation here. Nothing to gain by lying about having the biggest member numbers, just a hollow 'victory', as it causes the admins of that site to lose face in the eyes of people who learn the truth :bangin: A bit like winning the gold, then being exposed as being a juicer, and being stripped of the medal (and the respect of one's peers) :bangin:

If they want to say "My di_ck's bigger than yours..." :pardon: Doesn't really bother me at all, it's none of my concern :pardon:

I guess its not really about the size... its just that SOMETHING smells extremely FISHY down there...

Anyway... anybody who has a good story to tell about the "WHY" is invited to a beer...

Sorry for the "explicit" pics guys :whistling: i guess the kids are sleeping!!

:drinks:

George

Every body knows the quality of a wristwatch forum is directly proportional to the amount of half naked women in people's signatures NOT to the amount of members it has.

I have never actually posted on repgeek but if that's the case, that they are faking member stats, then that my friends is LOW.

what would the reply be I wonder.. Yes we are decieving everyone .. But after all these are rep forums :lol:

T. Didn't post an opinion but facts that are proven for all of us to view without being banned.. There or here for bringing out the truth

so I really would be surprised if anyone tries to post a rebutal .. Kinda like denying a smokin gun..

I know the RG guys well,surprised to read this myself.

One thing i do also know is that Thomas would not bother posting BS about this subject,i started my venture on these forums at the first RWG and while i have spent more time at RG since RWG went offline,i do have trust in certain folks here,good dudes and i know that.

It is what it is i guess,i dont bother much anymore and frankly it seems alot around these forums dont either these days,but a spade should be a spade.Even a rep spade?...;)

the "swoop" of the 2 in repgeek numbers is a bit off as is the spacing of the numbers,

clearly fake numbers, probably not swiss but asian copies....;)

Also calling a spade a spade though is that RG has been far more the active forum then this one has been since the end of 2007,i have followed both almost daily for years (my listed join date here is my second join date). Anyone that has followed both almost daily for years now knows this.

I dont know why member numbers would be inflated and i do trust Thomas,no doubt,but he seems to be surprised by RG and in his own words,never paid much attention to RG. He has missed alot in that case,it has been the top forum for a long time. With all due respect to the gents here,that is a fact.

Hey brudda,good to see you as always my friend. :)

Yup,this version of RWG has alot of the 'big guns' ;) there is no doubt,and alot of the members here have made these forums what they are today,RG,RWI etc....it all came from the first RWG (as for taking off for these forums).. and nobody has more posts then myself on an inter forum basis,pugwash being up there,not sure.

I've done my thing,useless,usefull etc...but it seems to have been worth something,i have deleted tens of thousands of pm's in my day,more than my posts,which is around 30,000. Never think just a watch review post or how to change a bezel post makes a forum my friend,there are alot more to keeping things going and keeping interest,these forums can be soap opera's for men. ;)

These forums have all slowed down of late,lets keep em going. if your reading this stuff,learning about this hobby,put up a thread!...ask a question!. Post an answer!.

Lets keep it going guys,it doesnt matter which forum skin you prefer,really.

Agreed that funky stuff is going on at RG. And it's good to see "facts" displayed, especially when lack of facts is the status quo. Honestly and forthcoming is always appreciated.

My only point was, RG is busy. Right now they are the whipping boy for rep fora (perhaps for good cause), but they're still busy.

Howdy, Spartan! :)

I'd yawn but then again.. We're all used to you being over inflated when talking about youself Dave :lol:

the point "again" of the facts here are just about falsifying facts .. Kinda obvious .. As far as any forum being more popular.. I don't take the thread in that context ... Your comments remind me of a saying we have about some gym members..... "they see something different than we do when the look in the mirror" or .. " their wives and girlfriends are lying to them" .. We use these saying's when some strut around with cut up t- shirts when they have nothing to strut and should be covering up :lol: my point being these guys are legends in their own minds.. And haven't earned the respect .. The members here that have gone the extra mile (and there are many on all the forums) have earned the respect and are rather humble in their approach.. Unless you ate filled with fear.. There is nothing to brag about when you do the right thing in giving back..

Your home forum should be the best in your eye's.. Best suited for you that is.. But to say a certain forum is more "popular" is a bold statement given the facts.. What were you booted off the mod team for?? Working too hard ?that's not the type of forum I would call popular .. Iwould excpect more if I were to give blood sweat and tears as you seem to have from my home forum

Never knew a forum took so much work behind the scenes to be successful.. Hmmm learn something knew everyday.. And here we just lollygag around waiting for things to happen :)

Well, Dave made his last post at 8:30 PST. It's now 10:02 PST and this thread is 4th from the top when I hit the "View New Posts" link. That means there's been 3 posts in 90 minutes. There have been 8 posts on RWG since 8:30 PM, 33 on RepGeek, 13 on RWI, and Wrist-Check.com is down due to a server change.

This is just one Sunday evening, but what could anyone make of these numbers?

Check the point of the thread again :)

RWG and RG both have their place and cater to different personalities. Both are fun and worthy of perusal. I stay ignorant to the politics - for the most part - and therefore see, or at least like to think, that both have more in common than not - people with a passion. TRC was the original, though. And I still remember fondly when it was the only game in town. It was a simpler time back then. Frankens were few and far between, for example. Oh how things have progressed. And they've progressed because of the knowledge base that has accumulated with the increased breadth of membership; not because of any vast quantity of posts here or there made by individuals with perhaps excessively high regard for their impact. No, reflecting back over the last decade+ since having originally joined TRC, to me, it was The Zigmeister coming on to the scene that changed everything about the hobby and really opened up the door to the types of watches and modding services that are so common place now. There was the old Tommy before him, but The Zigmeister absolutely brought a whole new dimension to the hobby, and changed it for good. And so the eventual transition to RWGforum was a natural matter of progression for folks such as myself. This is where us old timers landed. This is where that tradition and nostalgia resides, and along with it, the old school knowledge base. So while I suppose I find it interesting that some consider post rate and membership totals a revealing metric, a victory of sorts, or whatever, I'm not much interested in either. They're just not what's important.

Agree totally.. Numbers are what they are.. Statistics are made..

But the thread seems to be taking a turn to deviate from the point

of being dishonest to one of "popularity and being 'busy' "

I believe the point and facts are here for everyone to see.. It's not about who has the more social popularity .. But "denial" is not a river in Egypt when it comes to the point if the thread and that point not being about who is the more popular social network... Or who has the most irrelavent posts..

it's natural I guess if I'm caight cheating to change the angle of the topic when confronted by a wife or GRF when I am holding a smoking gun :lol:

it's natural I guess if I'm caight cheating to change the angle of the topic when confronted by a wife or GRF when I am holding a smoking gun :lol:

@Lani,

rolleyes.gif Maybe a better analogy would have been "caught with your pants down" however maybe in your case it could well be a smoking "gun"1.gif

You are correct however in saying that this is all about honesty in dealing, and has nothing to do with a popularity contest.

@Chief

Yes, those were the days...there was a certain innocence present then...scammers and cheats were rare....unfortunately things have changed, and not necessarily all for the better.

O/S