When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Track Day At Thruxton Racing Circuit.. My Panerai With Lambo, Ferrari, Rx8, Etc...

V

Well last Saturday I went to THruxton racing circuit to do a track day, gift from my best woman for the wedding...

I will let the photos speak for themselves but if you think that driving a 600HP Lamborghini is definately better than driving a 150hp extra light formula Renault maybe you should try both and then decide...

Now I understand all the Caterham drivers why they are so passionate about their cars...

Nothing compares to a light close to the ground car with the wind against you with 110-120 miles.

Most of the participants at the end they said that they would DEFINATELY prefer to do 5 more rounds with the formula than any of the supercars.

Now lets go to the PHOTOS:

On the way to Thruxton my wife was driving. Her lovely 049 from Joshua is not so clear in the photo because of the sun.. At least the weather was FANTASTIC for a track day:

118302-22157.jpg

The F355:

118302-22158.jpg

My 112 on a Prada strap with the Ferrari:

118302-22159.jpg

The Lambo:

118302-22160.jpg

P Zero Rosso.. I had the same in my 9-3 Aero and my Coupe in GR and when they were warm they were INCREDIBLE:

118302-22161.jpg

112 and Lambo:

118302-22162.jpg

Front view:

118302-22163.jpg

We had to drive the Mazda RX-8 first to learn the circuit:

118302-22164.jpg

118302-22165.jpg

And here I am before going to do my laps with the formula:

118302-22166.jpg

Listening to the instructor... Changing gears was a living hell so I decided to do the rounds with 4th and full throtle.. An excuse to go fast :whistling:

118302-22167.jpg

I hope you enjoyed it folks... :victory:

Thanks for your kind words my friends....

Yes it was a PERFECT day :Jumpy:

You can see more details here:

http://www.thruxtonracing.co.uk/courses.html

As Rico said the single-seater experience is BLOODY amazing.

I :wub: fast cars.. always had some very interesting cars myself (not as fast as overboosted's :p ) so this present was the best one I could get.

(Ignore the 1,6 Focus I have in UK. It is temporary :lol: )

@HiDef: Costs are at the website.. And if you crash the car the insurance they have probably pays for it :lol:

@J : No special requirments.. I don't know exactlly how much my best-woman paid but prices are on the website... I also did some extras while being there.

If you like cars it is something you must do when you come to UK... Htan GAMATA!!!!

That looks like it was a blast. Have you been out to the track before? Its probably as addictive as collecting watches but not as kind to the pocketbook.

Yes.. I have raced in Greece with a Hyundai Coupe (my first car many years ago) a Peugeot 206 (my wife's :p ) and finally the Fiat Coupe.

Never had the chance to put in the track the 9-3 Aero.

I also have done a couple of rounds (not so fast though) with a friends 911 and an Impreza STi(Impressive :thumbsupsmileyanim: )

Sounds like you've had some good times on the track. I've been running a slightly modified honda s2000 this year. Thank god for point restrictions, otherwise I would have sunk even more money into it. The high point was driving at laguna seca. It was one of those "I've seen this on television & in video games," moments.

That certainly does look like a great day out Kostas, the closest I've ever come is back in my hoon days when I did a bit of street drags, but I have never laid a finger on the likes of the Ferrari and Lambo in your pic's :(

Ken

Looks like you had a great day :) - but what's up with those gloves !!!!

I've taught rallying in the UK for years and wet myself whenever anyone turns up wearing gloves !! ;)

G

In the single-seaters you must wear gloves and if you didnt had yours they were giving you their own pair.

It is obligatory because of the cold (when your hands were out in the cold, to feel warm and to grap the wheel better).

AS you can see they are my gym gloves.. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Great pics, just now seeing this thread. I've never done single seaters, but I try to do track events as often as possible in my RX7, i've even just gotten the wife on track in her first event in her RX8.