When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pre-V Case project - Lates Pics on Page 4

Watchmeister

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now just waiting on the CNC shop to free up to look at the piece and give me a quote for laser scanning, prototype, etc. These projects are never big enough that a CNC shop will stop what else they are doing so we have to be patient. :)

Thanks for the update kruzer and ... waiting very patiently :D.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard back from the CNC person and unfortunately I am going to have to find another person. The owner of the shop couldn't have been nicer and spent a couple of hours analyzing the requirements. He concluded he didn't have the appropriate machine. In spite of the fact he does a lot of hi tech stuff he doesn't have any machine above a 4 axis. He let me know I need a 6 axis machine (suggested Citizen "Screw" Machine)and that it would require being able to to take 2.75" steel bar as feed. That is a 10,000 lb+ $150,000 machine.He is going to try and find someone in his neck of the woods but otherwise I am on the prowl for another CNC shop. But at least now I know what equipment is necessary. And thus the saga continues.... :bangin:

I heard back from the CNC person and unfortunately I am going to have to find another person. The owner of the shop couldn't have been nicer and spent a couple of hours analyzing the requirements. He concluded he didn't have the appropriate machine. In spite of the fact he does a lot of hi tech stuff he doesn't have any machine above a 4 axis. He let me know I need a 6 axis machine (suggested Citizen "Screw" Machine)and that it would require being able to to take 2.75" steel bar as feed. That is a 10,000 lb+ $150,000 machine.He is going to try and find someone in his neck of the woods but otherwise I am on the prowl for another CNC shop. But at least now I know what equipment is necessary. And thus the saga continues.... :bangin:

Thanks for the update.

Cheers,

D

Still in the game. The original CNC person is trying to find the right person and another great member has come with an excellent possible possibility who is into CNC and watches (Panerai if you can believe it) so hope is restored and the search continues. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Phew! That is good to hear. Looking forward to new updates from you soon ... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...