When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just moved to England

Anguz

Moved to England a couple of days ago. Am staying in Cambridge at the moment. A lot of nice watches around here, I wonder which ones are real and which are reps?

Moving to London on Monday...any advice lads?

post-24823-127440004889_thumb.jpg

The London Underground is not a political movement :lol:

If you're ever near Euston or Kings Cross station (you can walk between each in about 15 minutes) halfway between them, is a pub called The Rocket. Cheap drinks and awesome food, I highly recommend it :)

Yeh...Move out on Tuesday... the place is full of Poms! :)

Offshore

London is full of anything but Poms - Australians, Kiwis, Souf Efricans, Nigerians, Chinese, Indians, etc, etc, then there are all the visitors.........

It's rumoured the Queen is the last British person left in London but then she's German married to a Greek........... :D

London is full of anything but Poms - Australians, Kiwis, Souf Efricans, Nigerians, Chinese, Indians, etc, etc, then there are all the visitors.........

It's rumoured the Queen is the last British person left in London but then she's German married to a Greek........... :D

Actually, you are absolutely correct...and most of them...Aussies excluded....are playing in the English Cricket team! :)

Any suggestions for visitors? These seem to work for just about every other "visitor", so why not try your luck as well;

Go to the Council and ask for a Council House

Go to the Benefits Agency and ask for full benefits for you, your wife, kids, mother, father, grandparents', auntie, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters etc etc

Get some free healthcare

Get some free education

Get a job in a bar/ restaurant

Only adhere to your own religions and customs

Feel free to spit on our flag

Claim for persecution

Don't insure your car

Claim asylum

But most of all do not admit to or even allude to being British in Britain because you will only be treated as a second class citizen

Not a complete list of suggestions but maybe enough to get you started.

Any suggestions for visitors? These seem to work for just about every other "visitor", so why not try your luck as well;

Go to the Benefits Agency and ask for full benefits for you, your wife, kids, mother, father, grandparents', auntie, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters etc etc

Get some free healthcare

Get some free education

Claim for persecution

Don't insure your car

Claim asylum

But most of all do not admit to or even allude to being British in Britain because you will only be treated as a second class citizen

Ooh burn.

Don't forget to start whinging about how loud the birds are/ how the kids are crap these days/ about how you gave the world everything and should be winning at sport and to become covertly racist while pretending to be passionate for equal rights for everyone - including the noisy birds and the trees they live in.

:p

Wow, i was asking for friendly advice and it became all this!

I am a British citizen from Canada btw, my parents were born and married in Scotland which makes me a citizen...but I also do not fault people who come to Britain from far less off countries trying to better themselves either. That's one of the cool things about the UK, they are compassionate and try to help.

PS, I am looking for a job and would work in a pub or anywhere else to get started...any offers? lol

And luckily my religion is the major religion of the UK chiefwiggum, I'm a Jedi!

...OK, I'm not...I'm an agnostic, you got me...

Wow, i was asking for friendly advice and it became all this!

I am a British citizen from Canada btw, my parents were born and married in Scotland which makes me a citizen...but I also do not fault people who come to Britain from far less off countries trying to better themselves either. That's one of the cool things about the UK, they are compassionate and try to help.

Sadly, weak governments have allowed that compassion to be exploited by many economic migrants who only came to the UK to better their wallets, not to contribute to the community, which is a shame, especially when countries like Australia, are much stricter on migration :) Oh well :D

PS, I am looking for a job and would work in a pub or anywhere else to get started...any offers? lol

You might want to try looking on a website called The Gumtree :)

And luckily my religion is the major religion of the UK chiefwiggum, I'm a Jedi!

I'm sure I read somewhere that there are more Jedi than Jews in the UK :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Moved to England a couple of days ago. Am staying in Cambridge at the moment. A lot of nice watches around here, I wonder which ones are real and which are reps?

Moving to London on Monday...any advice lads?

yeah dont buy the Daily Mail or you will end up sounding like chiefwiggum. bicycle.gif

Get some free healthcare

Get some free education

Claim for persecution

Don't insure your car

Claim asylum