When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Happy Motoring!

freddy333

While waiting to leave for dinner, I swapped the DJ hour hand for the 6542 sweep seconds hand & thought it made for a nice motion video (the 1 thing I find that my Canon A80 is sadly lacking is HD video :( )

th_MVI_0483.jpg

Motor has now been running, without incident & on a single, 40-turn wind, for 32 hours. This thing is shaping up better than I had ever expected. I just hope the dial turns out to the same level. :)

Oh, that's just cruel.

You KNOW that every time you post in this thread I knock over my coffee cup reaching for the keyboard.

Granted, my cat loves coffee, but he's had about enough I'd say. Give him a break, eh?

3354985638_3b3f0201a9.jpg

Freddy,

That is a beautiful watch :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim: . the old 6542 "PanAm's" are my absolute favorite GMT. Unfortunately, I am destined to only drool over the genuines and the Franken's that are of the calibre of yours. They are waaaaay out of my price range at this stage of life! powerball where are you!!!

Freddy, I'd leave it natural silver (not painted silver). I have gilt hands and dial on my 6536 and a white hand against the gilt would just look odd. Your whole aged look would be enhanced IMHO by an aged steel seconds hand.

Ummmmmmm you ARE going gilt with the hands right?

Ditto, stick with silver. I tried to paint one of these white for my 653x "Homage" - Nightmare. The only way to do it is to strip the lume, light sanding, then airbrush and re-lume.

The other option is to go with glit for hour/minute/GMT? and a silver seconds hand. (this is what I did, the contrast between gold and silver makes the silver look white)

9p1000084.jpg

You know Freddy, over on the gen Rolex forum, they would call you names.

However, I have to agree with an earlier assessment, and agree that Rock Star comes fairly close to describing your dedication and abilities.

Thanks for this.

Keep on keepin on dude.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...