When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

decent 5513 rep

what2

looking at the trusty 5513's, and I like the ones on the rivet bracelets... I want a vintage looking 5513 on a rivet bracelet that has an aged look. I can beat it up, and coffee ground age the dial and bleach the insert. But what watch to start with at a reasonable price? I have even bought gen 5513's in the past, but did not feel comfortable wearing them since it seems that any watch I wear gets beat.

So, if you were going to buy a 5513 rep to wear on a daily basis, that looks "close enough" to gen without a whole lot of work which would it be?

MBW would be a good choice. Not super cheap but a very good starting point... about $350 or so. Add a gen crown and tube, bleach the insert and get some vintage lume work done on the dial and you are good to go.

dizz

Surprised that you're not a registered dealer here then

:thumbdown:

define "dealer"

probably because i dont maintain a consistent inventory of goods, like a dealer would. also wont have anything to offer anybody past August, my Thai vacations over then. dont worry your livelihood is safe, there's enough pie for everyone. so dont :thumbdown: me

also saved you the trouble of contacting Admin regarding this, and there's NO *FAIR* reason why they wouldnt green light my vacation souvenirs, im an outstanding member and several members would vouche for that, but if i get banned as quickly as they reply to pm's im sure im fine.

thanks for your undivided concern however

define "dealer"

probably because i dont maintain a consistent inventory of goods, like a dealer would. also wont have anything to offer anybody past August, my Thai vacations over then. dont worry your livelihood is safe, there's enough pie for everyone. so dont :thumbdown: me

also saved you the trouble of contacting Admin regarding this, and there's NO *FAIR* reason why they wouldnt green light my vacation souvenirs, im an outstanding member and several members would vouche for that, but if i get banned as quickly as they reply to pm's im sure im fine.

thanks for your undivided concern however

There may well be sufficient pie for you to take a slice

Unfortunately there are rules for you to follow like everyone else to do so

and the selling of new items = dealer = needs Admin approval and monthly dues need paying

So until that day dawns you duly merit the thumbsdown n'est pas

thanks for the reply

no antipathy is needed with this passive agression

this is a pending matter before admin, just waiting for them to reply and thats all there is to it

but with all due respect unless you're a moderator this really does not concern you.

until this is sorted out i will sell what I have from my collection like every other paying VIP member on this board in the "watches" section, i've refused order requests from member out of respect for this board until admin sorts me out (whenever that is)

but showing :thumbdown: towards a prospective "dealer" and a respected member whom you know nothing about is a bit disrespectful and reflects badly on your character

I really dont understand your stance

You come into a mall of stores all bona fide and PAYING RENT and declare that youre selling there too without any bona fides and then cannot understand when it raises comment.

And far from reflecting badly on me I think my restraint speaks volumes.

And why I would know anything about every 'johhny-come-latley' on the forums is beyond me.

"And why I would know anything about every 'johhny-come-latley' on the forums is beyond me."

then why are you making this your personal business?

if you plan on engaging on slandering someone or making a gesture perhaps you better understand them before you make an assumption...you know what they say about people who ASSume

i came here as a member, realized people here wanted some watches, i had a limited opportunity to do this as my friend is vacationing in thailand UNTIL august. i have no intent on being a dealer, never have, and never will be again after August. I started to offer a few watches, then a moderator told me that admin had to OK dealers, i said fine, contacted admin, and here we are. im playing by the rules once i was privy to them, im not trying to "get away with anything" what more would you like me to do? and now you know a bit more about this "johnny come lately" what ever that is. now tell me how im wrong in a very condescending way

@High...

Sorry pal, but you're out of line...

Sending a request to become a dealer and being given that privilege are two completely different things...

Stop all selling immediately...

And leave your attitude at the door...

TT