When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I am the luckiest man in the world today...

Member X

......... and I now won't have to sulk all evening and annoy the missus ;) LoL :lol:

Phew, a VERY happy ending! Ive had a watch come off the strap and I watched it fall to the ground (at this point everythings in slow motion)......worst feeling ever. But then again it was a hefty watch and didnt even scratch.

Look after your SOH! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My car is probably the easiest car in the world to steal so it needs all the help it can get... lol

I do love the SOHs though - I think this is probably the only watch I would consider buying the gen of as it's so versatile and looks great on all occasions!

I've done the same thing to PVD coatings on my B&Rs and it's always a panicked moment until you find out if it's a scratch on the PVD or the PVD has "scratched" the steel you banged against ... so far I've been lucky :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It makes me smile when the coating on my replica watch completely laughs off great whacks against steel bolts.

Hey MemberX! Glad to see you got your SOH... did you get it through Mary? I am with you on these, I love both my bronze chrono and my black non-chrono. I keep looking at the gen every time one pops up on the forums for sale but as close as these are, and with my gen mesh :thumbsupsmileyanim: I just don't see the sense in it!

Now, as for that steering wheel lock, if you had bought a gen lock instead of a rep the paint probably would not have scratched off!! :)

lol It does the job ;):p

I got my blue one off Mary (excellent service, as always, and a swiss movement) and my black one I got secondhand with Asian movement as I was (stupidly) too fussy about the bezel alignment on the one she showed me.

Asian movement is a lot less positive when changing time and date but does still run smoothly and keep good time, so it's just a case of being gentle with it :)

Here are a couple of pics now I've bothered to take some lol

dscf4703.jpg

dscf4692a.jpg

I love them, I think they are the only gen I would consider buying as they look so classy and are so versatile - but if you can get this quality at this price, why would you spend

X...Close call brother....As hard as you worked to get that thing, I can only imagine how you felt when you heard that clang....:black_eye:

Glad it worked out.....Finally have a SOHC on the way, can't wait.....