When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tuesday W/C

Guest Carl

Working back on the railroad this week; title and easement work.

post-180-078848000 1277788721_thumb.jpg

What are you up to?

Carl

Absolutely famtastic looking strap on the Railmaster...love it :wub:

Chopard Gran Turismo XL Black with perforated calfskin strap:

IMG_1598.jpg

Just got one of these myself and its still on the rubber and I guess it will stay that way. Your strap suits the watch very well and I wonder where you got it from...and have you considered any other strap options?

Gunnar :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Just got one of these myself and its still on the rubber and I guess it will stay that way. Your strap suits the watch very well and I wonder where you got it from...and have you considered any other strap options?

Gunnar :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hey Gunnar,

I considered about 3 straps before I ended up with this one. It's hard to find straps for the GTXL since the lug width is 23mm. A 22mm strap is a little small and leaves visible the spring bar.. a 24mm strap is very tight and hard to get on/off the watch. Some of my options were:

watchworx aviator pro: (unfortunately it's discontinued and sold out in red stitching)

AviatorPro-1.jpg

Heavy stitched leather from Strappedfortime:

Img1521.jpg

Hirsch Grand Duke alligator:

3800335263_b5e6369353.jpg

Once I saw the padded calf with perforated red stitching i knew it was for me though :) :

Img1735.jpg

It's a little tight.. and I messed up the leather a little bit at the lugs trying to get the strap on. Overall it doesn't look too bad even though it's a millimeter to big :whistling:

-Fender

Hey Gunnar,

I considered about 3 straps before I ended up with this one. It's hard to find straps for the GTXL since the lug width is 23mm. A 22mm strap is a little small and leaves visible the spring bar.. a 24mm strap is very tight and hard to get on/off the watch. Some of my options were:

Heavy stitched leather from Strappedfortime:

Img1521.jpg

Once I saw the padded calf with perforated red stitching i knew it was for me though :) :

Img1735.jpg

It's a little tight.. and I messed up the leather a little bit at the lugs trying to get the strap on. Overall it doesn't look too bad even though it's a millimeter to big :whistling:

-Fender

I agree that you made the very best out of the selection :thumbsupsmileyanim: . I must say the red coulour stiches/thread add another dimmension to the combination and mirrors the dial details. Myself I am having a custommade strap on the way (another black hornback custom made by inspire-workshop.com) that will fit this and my GRANken GTXXL Chrono.

Tudor Tuesday (well, more like Tudor week!) :thumbsupsmileyanim:

BTW, great looking Tuesday from everybody!!! :drinks:

DSCN3055.jpg

All you need is one of these Tropic-style straps, and you'll be good to go for the summer :) I love how mine looks and feels, easily the most comfortable rubber strap I've worn, and no uncomfortable water-retention :good::victory:

DSCN3225.jpg

PS The back is vented in the same way as the originals, not just flat silicone with the weave texture on the front :)

DSCN3189.jpg

Teejay - Thanks for the info, that's sweet! :drinks:

Any time, bro :drinks: The ventilation holes really do work to keep the wrist cool as you move you arm, and no water retention to make the strap uncomfortable, and, as you can see on the website, the price is right :)

Any time, bro :drinks: The ventilation holes really do work to keep the wrist cool as you move you arm, and no water retention to make the strap uncomfortable, and, as you can see on the website, the price is right :)

Thanks, you got that right, price is spot on!!! Cheers :drinks: