When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New WM9 BK V3 Black Sub w/ Gen Bezel Insert and Crystal

Martyd3

That's a nice one Marty .

What your opinion on the gen crystal ??

Does it give the watch the extra gennish look like a gen plastic crystal does on

a more vintage model.

Please don't tell me it does cuase i can't explain another 200 euro's spent on my SUB to my wife.

Carpe Diem

Cats

That's a nice one Marty .

What your opinion on the gen crystal ??

Does it give the watch the extra gennish look like a gen plastic crystal does on

a more vintage model.

Please don't tell me it does cuase i can't explain another 200 euro's spent on my SUB to my wife.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Well ... the laser etched crown is so light, you cant see it without a loupe (at least my old eyes can't) and the profile compared to a Clark crystal may be a tad lower and the magnification a tiny bit higher. The only real difference I can see is that the gen crystal seems to be richer looking (I am splitting hairs here). I don't know how else to describe it.

Is it worth 200 euros? I guess it depends on how good you are about explaining "things" to your wife :)

If I had to chose between a gen crystal and a gen insert, I would go with the insert. It's less money and in my opinion, it makes a bigger difference.

Marty

Thanks for the explanation Marty.

My SUB already has a gen insert and what you described about the crystal is what i thought it would be.

BTW the crown on my MBW crystal is also hardly visible but the clarity and sharpness of a gen crystal makes the difference for my situation i think.

I'll we have to wait a little time until my GMT gets back from Domi with a gen crown and tube installed and start saving money in the mean time.

Carpe Diem

Cats