When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

An "Ultimate" 42mm Planet Ocean

dbutlerman

Back in October of 2009 I finished a Franken Planet Ocean 42mm after being inspired by Ubi's "Building the Ultimate 4th Gen 42mm PO" () post on the same watch. Shortly there after I won the Genuine Speedmaster Raffle and the PO started getting very little wrist time (along with a couple of my other reps), so I decided to sell them off and possibly buy another Gen Omega. I had sorta turned into a Gen. snob, but I shortly got over that and determined it was too hard for me to spend $1500 on a low end Genuine watch, where with the same money I could build myself an really cool Franken and have pride in the build. So I started re-aquiring some of my sold off watches - first i bought back a 3717 with Gen Day/Date wheel and and put a Chief's crystal on it (which I have since sold, again) and then I contacted Ubi and offered to buy his project watch. Which he sold as it was getting little wrist time in his collection. This was back in May...the moment the watch arrived I popped out the Crystal and sent it to Chieftang for his Double AR treatment. Then started the wait...but, this gave me time to install a Gen Crown and Tube onto the already Frankened watch. The watch now has:

Gen Dial

Gen Hands

Gen ETA Date Wheel

Gen Bezel/Insert

Gen Crown and Tube

Gen Bracelet...

and for the Cherry on top....

Chief's Double AR Coating

The Crystal really does finish everything off really nicely!

Here are some pics..

po1.jpg

po2.jpg

po3.jpg

po4.jpg

po5.jpg

po6.jpg

and one more on the wrist...

po72310.jpg

A member here located gen 45.5mm casebacks on Ofrei within the last 4 days, and was asking if they fit. He's buying one to check it out. Hopefully there are 42mm spares available out there as well. If Omega sells 45.5 spares .... why not 42?!

A member here located gen 45.5mm casebacks on Ofrei within the last 4 days, and was asking if they fit. He's buying one to check it out. Hopefully there are 42mm spares available out there as well. If Omega sells 45.5 spares .... why not 42?!

I saw the 45mm versions. Hopefully you're right an Ofrei will have them at some point, they may have access to them already, maybe ill give them a call next week...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...